Digitalis and Delphinium

Edit My Images
Yes
digitalis.jpg

delph.jpg

thank you

I was expecting a link to a web site :) <thread title was Digitalis...>

Very nice.

The 'tiled' look to some of the background looks a little strange now I've noticed it - whats the cause?

And now a second one has appeared and the thread title has changed :LOL:

Not sure about the blue line in the frame on the second but another good image.

I think the lines (tiled look) is from cloning.
The first shot is a bit overexposed on the whites of the foxgloves, but the second shot is great..lovely blues.

Hey Stev ... where you bin hiding - and don't say working hard at the new job ... whichever one you are at now ! :naughty:

:agree: but the blues of the delphy are lovely ! (y)

Good to see you back m8 ! ;)

RobertP said:
I was expecting a link to a web site :) <thread title was Digitalis...>
i thought it was about ionotropic drugs for rate control in heart arrhythmias! digitalis -->digoxin (isn't it?)

i particulary like the soft colours in the second shot :)

The old fasioned foxglove is a super subject and the blues in the delphinium are super.

Two very nice shot's Boon, both showing off the colours very well TFS (y)

RobertP said:
Not sure about the blue line in the frame on the second
I quite like the blue line in the frame, reminds me of one of those Phillips tv's that changes colour to match what your watching :)

very nice Boon, like the lines and composition

Love fox gloves, I got a couple of seeds from a gardener a few year back and now they are all over the garden. Nice shots Boon.

noah said:
i thought it was about ionotropic drugs for rate control in heart arrhythmias! digitalis -->digoxin (isn't it?)
Which is why you aren't to eat them and wash hands having touched them.;)

I love fox gloves, ours haven't come back this year.

Steve, have you tried cloning something out of the shot?
It has a tiling effect down the right hand side.
Other than that it looks very good.

If you need some advice on editing please ask in the
Image editing & manipulation forum, and we will try to help you.

thank you for your comments, i did actually clone out a distracting flower bud from the foxgloves, but no matter how much i change the colours/brightness/contrast on my screen, i still cant see the tiled effect.

Might be a result of jpeg compression perhaps?

I like the digitalis, alas like matts, mine have yet to re-appear, probably cause they've been strangled by wild strawberries!

Boon said:
i still cant see the tiled effect.
This might be down to your monitor calibration.

Can you see all 4 shades of black and white in the images below.

grayscale2.gif

If not you need to calibrate your monitor.

See this thread for a guide on calibrating your monitor without the use of hardware.

HTH

ok, so i went to epaper whatsit, i can now see all the different shades of black (i couldn't before) but i still cant see the tiled effect. Will have another play tonight, many thanks anyway.

Matt said:
This might be down to your monitor calibration.

Can you see all 4 shades of black and white in the images below.

grayscale2.gif

If not you need to calibrate your monitor.

See this thread for a guide on calibrating your monitor without the use of hardware.

HTH

Matt ... does this mean if you can see all shades there is no need to calibrate then ? :thinking:

I've just got my new Lappy up and running and don't yet have a calibrator ... so if I don't need to spend out that's great ! :shrug:

I am checking the linky btb !

Sorry to hijak your thread a bit Stev ... ! :cautious:

You should always calibrate your monitor.

The free route is the best route for most (which is what I use).
Saves buying expensive calibrating hardware.

Matt said:
You should always calibrate your monitor.

The free route is the best route for most (which is what I use).
Saves buying expensive calibrating hardware.

Thanx Matt - checked out all the suggestions and didn't need to do anything at all !?! Suppose that means everything is fine then ! :thinking:

Steve

I really like the colours in both pics, the foxgloves are first rate.

I've spent all day coming back to the foxgloves to see the "tiling" effect. Couldn't see it for ages, but could see all the calibration squares, then it finally hit me. Roughly in the middle of the pic on the right hand side, there is a black line, and then one above it.

I think you have created a great puzzle - in the find the tile competition, coz it kept me busy. - Even with this I think there great shots :clap:

wish I had both these gorgeous plants in my garden so that I could photograph them! Lovely shots, especially the unusual foxglove, would love to see it taken at a bit more of an arty angle, everyone takes these head on! The Delphinium looks a tad soft but the colour is superb. Are these in your garden?

still cant see the tiling effect, just have to get it right before PS. Yes marianne, both are in my garden, although the delph has now depleated. better still, i have several new foxgloves just emerging, and a really nice allium too. its red hot and blowing a gale at the mo, so will take some later on.

i am sure it will Allan, but my screen must be really bad, or you forgot to post the pic,;) :thinking:

Back