DigitalRev

Edit My Images
No
Bought something off DigitalRev last night on eBay, which I want to pay for via bank transfer so I sent them an email through eBay asking for confirmation of bank details and so far I've heard nothing at all.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I want to get it paid for ASAP so it can be despatched as I want it for next weekend.

EDIT: Ignore me, just got a response :)

I think its the norm with them.

If you look at their delivery dates you will see that they are not the quickest.

I have used them and it is a little slow but hey hoo its cheap.

Are they based on HK? If so don't forget it is Chinese New Year and likely you won't get anyone in to reply to messages etc. until after the 9th

With the time difference you will probably get an answer tonight. That's how it worked with me.

Delivery was fast and efficient once transfer was cleared through.

oops missed your edit

Just taken delivery of a Canon 40d + grip from Digitalrev.

Ordered and paid for on Friday ... Delivered on Monday (3 days)

Got caught by customs to the tune of £33 but Digitalrev will pay that back to me.

I bought a lens from DigitalRev a few days ago, it seems to take them about 24hrs to answer mails, got my tracking data this morning and am enjoying watching it as it travels along.

* Update *

Emailed them about the customs charges and got a reply within two hours.

They are putting the money into my Paypal account within the next 24 hours.

Cannot fault the service from them ... (y)

Has anyone had to return a faulty item..that would be my main concern..if so what was the turnaround like..

* Update *

Emailed them about the customs charges and got a reply within two hours.

They are putting the money into my Paypal account within the next 24 hours.

Cannot fault the service from them ... (y)

Can't argue with that service! There is this lens I quite fancy and can save IRO £100 from HK, thats just a tad too tempting for my own good :D

Has anyone had to return a faulty item..that would be my main concern..if so what was the turnaround like..
Good point

I use a firm called URGALAXY. In Hong Kong 3-4 days is the norm, and guaranteed no tax.

An extra card was in the camera box with the Digitalrev UK phone number in case of problems or questions.

0870 141 7288 (UK National rate)

Thanks for the reply mate...I have often looked at digital rev and ur galaxy as their prices are tempting but as we all know sometimes lenses etc can need calibrating or returning for other reasons and just wondered how the customer service was from these guys once you have purchased from them.

My Sigma lens arrived today from them, sent on 5th from HK arrived in Inverness 3 days later, stirling service I reckon. I got hit for £60 import duty/tax but should get that back.

Well I've still not had any shipping confirmation from them so I'm not sure whether it's not been despatched yet or whether it's on its way but they've just not told me. Is it normal to receive notification via email when it's despatched?

Yes they are very efficient and advise.

Just send an email and ask.

Well I've still not had any shipping confirmation from them so I'm not sure whether it's not been despatched yet or whether it's on its way but they've just not told me. Is it normal to receive notification via email when it's despatched?

Yes m8, I bought mine on Thursday the 1st, it got delayed over the weekend and sent on Tuesday the 5th, I received two emails at the same time on Tuesday, one dispatch notice with tracking details and one invoice.

Great, means it hasn't even been despatched yet and it's nearly a week since I ordered :(

Despite all the rave reviews, they're not doing too good in my estimations right now.

If you did pay by transfer, it can take up to 5 working days fo the funds to clear into their account.

I've bought from both and had no probs at all, even got the VAT back.

I paid via bank transfer but, as we're both with HSBC, the transfer should have been instantaneous. I've had an email off them today saying they're still waiting for my payment to show up, which is confusing to say the least.

Well I had confirmation of receipt of payment 3 days ago, saying the item would be despatched within 24 hours but nothing further. I've had no confirmation of shipping so I've little faith that it's actually been despatched yet.

Can't say I'm very impressed with this lot tbh and doubt I'll be using them again. What should have been an instantaneous HSBC to HSBC bank transfer has taken several days, according to them, and now they're dawdling over sending the item out.

I've found that transfers from my bank account to paypal can take a long time, much longer than you'd have thought in this technological age.

As I said before , my lens arrived on friday and I had to pay duty of £60, I mailed DR at once and got my duty refunded on monday, it actually came as a refund too so no paypal charges, I'm happy with the service I got from them in this case.

Vertigo1 did you confirm that they had stock before you ordered? I did and that may be the difference.

It was ordered via an ebay item so there should have been stock by definition or they should have pulled the auction.

As for bank transfer, I lnow these can take up to a week but transfers between HSBC accounts is and has always been instantaneous so I don't know why it took 3-4 days for it to arrive at their end.

Have mailed them again to ask when the item is going to ship and have not had any response. I'm sorry to be "dissing" everyone's beloved DigitalRev but, in my case, they've been fairly poor tbh.

Same bank to bank transfers used to be done same day in this country but now is not always the case.

It is a shame you felt let down this time though.

I can only reiterate that I have nothing but praise for their service ... I even got a £15 off voucher to use the next time I order something.

Well if the bank transfer took longer than expected then I can't blame DR for that but what really grates is that they confirmed receipt of payment and said the goods would be shipped within 24 hours but that was 3 days ago and I've heard nothing since. I've no idea whether my order has shipped or not and am forced to email them every time I want an update.

It may be a good idea for you to phone their UK number to try to sort it out.

(Not premium rate) 0870 141 7288

Monday to Friday 2.30am - 6.30pm (Thats what the paperwork says ... :shrug:)

It was ordered via an ebay item so there should have been stock by definition or they should have pulled the auction.
snip
Have mailed them again to ask when the item is going to ship and have not had any response. I'm sorry to be "dissing" everyone's beloved DigitalRev but, in my case, they've been fairly poor tbh.

Hey if you get bad service tell everyone, it's important to know these things.

One thing though, DR's lens auctions usually say something to the effect of 'check to make sure we have stock of your chosen mount before ordering', not that that makes it all right to take your money when they don't have any.

i ordered both my sigma 120-300mm and 2x tc from urgalaxy and paid via hsbc to hsbc transfer and it was instantaneous to a uk hsbc account, and was shipped the same day - i've not dealt with d.rev but can certainly vouch for urgalaxy :)

their time diff can make things delayed a bit but hsbc transfer is definately instantaneous.. :O

Well I mailed them yesterday for an update on shipping and, 24 hours later, have heard nothing at all :(

It was only a filter and the auction was for a specific make, model & filter size so there's no excuse for not having stock, if indeed that's even the problem - I don't know 'cause they won't answer my emails.

Ain't using DR again, this is hopeless.

Back