Dilemma

Name
brian
Edit My Images
No
My old 20d has finally packed in and im in the market for a new camera
don`t want a Nikon been there had a d300s, wont go into the story very frustrating.

Tried an NEX7 thats now going on my quad copter.
Now the thing is with all the speculation about the 5d mk4 and a 6d mk2 would it be better to hang on
or buy in now,Hdew have some great prices, i know they are grey but you get a vat invoice
so you can register with Canon and there own three year warranty,just wondered if anyone has any thoughts

brian

Now the thing is with all the speculation about the 5d mk4 and a 6d mk2 would it be better to hang on
or buy in now
There's always a better camera which us rumoured to be imminent. Wait for that and there will immediately be rumours of another one.

If you've been using a 20D, the 5D Mk III, 6D and 7D Mk II will all seem like totally amazing cameras to you, and they'll still be great cameras in 5 years or more.

Depends how much you invested in canon, ie what lenses you have, there's a great deal of choice out there if you've only got a lens or 2. Sony, Pentax or even the mirrorless systems. As for canon, ignore the rumours, look how long we had to wait for the 100-400mm MKII, they were talking about it when I started digital photography back in 2007 and its only just been released. As for new camera bodies, what don't the latest models give you that the possible upgrades might, especially as you're upgrading from a 20D, great camera, mine died a few years back as well. It also depends whether you want to go full frame or stay with a crop, depends what you take photographs of and how much you've got in your wallet. I would buy something now rather than buy something that's just a rumour.

Last edited:
I agree. You could wait and wait and the models which are out now are amazing. Consider buying used from a reputable dealer if you want to make your money go further altho. Others might say buy grey imports but that's another thing which people debate on this forum quite a lot! Good luck with your decision; tell us what you do in the end.

Thanks for that guys
I have a 70-300DO ef lens and im leaning towards the MK3 kit with the 24-105
i mainly shoot landscape and static museum aircraft, i would like the 24-70 2.8 but thats a little rich for me
so maybe for the future.

Back