Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_Y8I7608-Edit.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking :)

Right nice shot.

Could it stand a wee sharpen? I like the water too.

Great shot - really interesing water effect (y)

Tom, that is pants,sorry.

Focus looks awful.The blurred water would have worked well if the bird was sharp, but it`s not.

Sorry for the neg, but it is what I think.You have produced far better shots than this.

A good capture Tom, I like the overall effect of it (y) Had a little play just to see what would happen :thinking:

Dip.jpg

Tom, that is pants,sorry.

Focus looks awful.The blurred water would have worked well if the bird was sharp, but it`s not.

Sorry for the neg, but it is what I think.You have produced far better shots than this.

Your right and I have been lucky enough to get a few reasonable shots but I also get a lot of duffers.

In this instance a Dipper is not the normal bird I get to shoot and its looking to make the most opportunity. I particularly liked the mid water location and here I was at 1/20 with a Canon 500 + 2x TC handheld so realistically I can't expect a high quality image. For me this was near enough my best effort and a record shot with a Dipper and I don't have a problem posting it just because its not high quality.

I just like to think of this as one of my better quality duffers :)

A good capture Tom, I like the overall effect of it (y) Had a little play just to see what would happen :thinking:

Cheers for taking the time on the edit - done very nicely of I may say.

Tom

Your right and I have been lucky enough to get a few reasonable shots but I also get a lot of duffers.

In this instance a Dipper is not the normal bird I get to shoot and its looking to make the most opportunity. I particularly liked the mid water location and here I was at 1/20 with a Canon 500 + 2x TC handheld so realistically I can't expect a high quality image. For me this was near enough my best effort and a record shot with a Dipper and I don't have a problem posting it just because its not high quality.

I just like to think of this as one of my better quality duffers :)

Cheers for taking the time on the edit - done very nicely of I may say.

Tom

Thats no prob Tom its fun to play about;) Maybe we should hold a as you put it "Duffer" of the year contest :shrug: I got a few I could submit :LOL::LOL:

Thats no prob Tom its fun to play about;) Maybe we should hold a as you put it "Duffer" of the year contest :shrug: I got a few I could submit :LOL::LOL:

Cheers Rich.

Well I'm up for it as I think the standard of many shots posted on TP is very high indeed - you only have to look at the 2010 Calendar entries as an example - and this can be quite scary for new members who are just starting the learning curve on bird photography. To have a few examples of where people who are quite capable of producing good shots would post some 'duffers' would, I think encourage newcomers here to post shots which they know themselves are not particularly good. At least then they would get some CC and guidance which will help them progress.

Just my thought.

Tom

Cheers Rich.

Well I'm up for it as I think the standard of many shots posted on TP is very high indeed - you only have to look at the 2010 Calendar entries as an example - and this can be quite scary for new members who are just starting the learning curve on bird photography. To have a few examples of where people who are quite capable of producing good shots would post some 'duffers' would, I think encourage newcomers here to post shots which they know themselves are not particularly good. At least then they would get some CC and guidance which will help them progress.

Just my thought.

Tom

Nicely said Tom (y)

Truth be known I think many of us have a lot more duffers than we'd care to admit, not including me of course :D

Love the water in this, it's a shame the Dipper isn't quite sharp enough though as already discussed.

Cheers Richard for your comments - well there's always another day.

Nicely said Tom (y)

Truth be known I think many of us have a lot more duffers than we'd care to admit, not including me of course :D

Cheers - very factual statement.

Excellent crap shot Tom, Would love to get a photo of a dipper so well done ;) (y)

Cheers Matty - I try equally hard on my duff shots as I do on my good shots. I just seem to be more successful with the former. :D

Tom

Back