disability photography

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
looking for info on photographers who are using mobility scooters/wheelchairs .
how are manging to use your gear ,taking pic holding camera still etc.
yes i now have to use a mobility scooter. thinking off adaptions so can continue

I've been pondering this as well. I only have a Fuji X100F so not a lot to carry around but have thought about an attachment for my chair. Only problem is that there isn't much chair to attach it to.

Only thing I can think of for a scooter is some sort of plate you could attach to the base where you could then rig up something to clamp a monopod to.

These folk can help

@scoped would be able to help, but I've not seen him around since July.
and there was this thread:
and this:

Last edited:

I've been pondering this as well. I only have a Fuji X100F so not a lot to carry around but have thought about an attachment for my chair. Only problem is that there isn't much chair to attach it to.

Only thing I can think of for a scooter is some sort of plate you could attach to the base where you could then rig up something to clamp a monopod to.

I was thinking of you when I saw the thread title as one of the better people to answer.

Your memory might be better than mine, but didn't we have a wheel chair users as a member that some people donated kit (or bought it for him)
so that he could mount a camera on his chair? It would have been shortly after I joined, so 2101-2011 ish?

I was thinking that it might be possible to dig up those threads and see how he mounted it?

I was thinking of you when I saw the thread title as one of the better people to answer.

Your memory might be better than mine, but didn't we have a wheel chair users as a member that some people donated kit (or bought it for him)
so that he could mount a camera on his chair? It would have been shortly after I joined, so 2101-2011 ish?

I was thinking that it might be possible to dig up those threads and see how he mounted it?

it was Julian @Wheels
As far as I remember.

Have a look at my thread from a couple of years ago:

Last edited:

it was Julian @Wheels
As far as I remember.

The thread is here but the photos are no longer viewable.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/wheels-magic-chair.232931/

This is an image of a young boy's setup on his motorised wheelchair. It's mostly Manfrotto gear but it works extremely well and is very adjustable and versatile.

diss..jpg

thanks guys i have a look through them links,
thinking the monopod clamped up might well help

@rockkeeper @kendo1
Hey hey, I'm here! I haven't been taking many photos since lock down so havent been on tp much.

If there's anything I can help with please let me know!
If you're using a scooter, depending on your strength I'd consider a clamp, magic arm, and you should be good.

I use an electric pan/tilt head as I physically can't hold or manipulate the camera, and I now use a macbook to control the settings/use as a live view (although a phone, tablet or laptop would work fine).

Feel free to pm or ask questions here. It has been a pretty rewarding experience slowly developing my set up

@rockkeeper @kendo1
Hey hey, I'm here! I haven't been taking many photos since lock down so havent been on tp much.

If there's anything I can help with please let me know!
If you're using a scooter, depending on your strength I'd consider a clamp, magic arm, and you should be good.

I use an electric pan/tilt head as I physically can't hold or manipulate the camera, and I now use a macbook to control the settings/use as a live view (although a phone, tablet or laptop would work fine).

Feel free to pm or ask questions here. It has been a pretty rewarding experience slowly developing my set up
Hey! Good to see you :)

looking for info on photographers who are using mobility scooters/wheelchairs .
how are manging to use your gear ,taking pic holding camera still etc.
yes i now have to use a mobility scooter. thinking off adaptions so can continue

Obviously people's needs vary,i work from a mobility scooter and find for heavier lenses i can rest my elbows on the handlebars, not i deal i know.

Back