Prototype seems ok

Wheels

Julian Keeler
Name
Julian
Edit My Images
No
So far so good, Darren has worked bloody hard and he still hasnt finished poor bugger must be fed up with it.

Yes I know your all thinking I look like that film star, "The elephant man" ;)
mobilephotolab3.jpg

Now you can see why I dont like being infront of the lens.:bang:

mobilephotolab.jpg

Looks a decent set-up there, Julian :)

Is it fairly sturdy I take it?

Looks a decent set-up there, Julian :)

Is it fairly sturdy I take it?

It wont be moving once its all on properly, even just today without some bits being tightend so they cant move, it wasnt going anywhere.

:clap: Looks great.

Felt sorry for Darren and his Mrs he tried fixing my laptop that burnt me bits lol, but his solder machine was goosed and due to the faulty part he was trying to replace he couldnt fix it, so he is going to try and fix it tonight. I felt dead sorry for him, he has been working on mine and Nats projects and his job and home life and now hes took my laptop to work on. I bet he was cursing me inside:(

[S1]cowasaki your a smashing bloke thanks for being a great pal[/S1](y)

Looks like a really nice setup you've got there Julian, some very nice kit too!! (y)

Thats not my camera its Darrens, I havnt got mine yet. he just brought his to try it all out.

Awesome!!! :clap:
I cant wait to see this with all your rig on and the shots it produces!!!

I expect your family will feel like they are being 'pap'ed for the first few weeks :LOL:

That looks a well designed and substantial bit of kit Julian, full marks to Darren's ingenuity there.

Probably a silly question, but is the magic arm on your left attached to your chair and what is it for, off camera flash perhaps? Can you turn the camera into portrait mode, it looks like you can.

Anyway, congrats on the kit and am looking forward to seeing some shots from you (y)

Awesome!!! :clap:
I cant wait to see this with all your rig on and the shots it produces!!!

I expect your family will feel like they are being 'pap'ed for the first few weeks :LOL:

It all seems a life time away :LOL:

Looks good Julian - hope your kit will have a TP neckstrap :D

And dont let children look at my photos before bed, I dont want to be responsible for bad dreams :)

You are just keeping him out of mischief :p

Looks like a cracking set up though :D

Him and his Mrs were doing there best to convert me to APPLE from a pc, sabotaging mine is underhanded lol:razz::D

Him and his Mrs were doing there best to convert me to APPLE from a pc, sabotaging mine is underhanded lol:razz::D

Nooooo don't go to the dark side (even darker than the Nikon world you are already inhabiting)....RESIST! :p

Looks like a good set up there mate. When can we expect the first photos? ( even from a loan camera )
You two might have hit on a marketable mod to the chair. You might end up a captain of industry yet !!!!(y)

Looks like a good set up there mate. When can we expect the first photos? ( even from a loan camera )
You two might have hit on a marketable mod to the chair. You might end up a captain of industry yet !!!!(y)

Darrens done all the planning around my needs, and still has work to do on the final set up before I get it. So no snaps of me until Darren and Stuart can sort out a date between them.

Gotta go carers are here to get me in bed, so I hope you dont miss me too much tonight god damn it lol. Darren when you get chance your a top bloke(y) for putting all this time into this project. Night all ps I can text facebook :)

Good night! Thats great stuff, really pleased. (y)

oh, you won't regret it if you change to, ahem, you know Ap*** ;)

Unfortunately I managed to fix his laptop and normal service will commence as soon as he gets home! He just happens to have the most complicated laptop in existence with lots of little boards and wires between them. 70+ screws etc etc :)suspect: I still have 6 of them here :shrug:).

The arm to the other side is for the 8" screen so that he can see it better than the 3" screen on the camera. The camera will go into portrait mode and even point straight downwards. The screen means that he can see what appears through the view finder even if the camera is extended upwards beyond his reach. There will be two buttons on the aluminium plate for FOCUS and TRIGGER so they are always reachable too.

Back