disabled menu on Nikon D80

Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if anyone can give me the answer on this. I've just bought the Nikon D80 as my first dSLR and was wanting access to the 'Optimize image' menu on the 'Shooting Menu'. However, it's greyed out and when I try to go into it, I get the message 'This option is not available with current settings'. I've scoured the manual that came with the camera and also the 'Digital Field Guide' but can't find out why this should be. Also, I'm assuming that from within there I can set the camera to 'Black and white' mode (again, nothing in either book points me to this) - is this so ?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

havnt got a d80 ( d50 ) but on that you can have a short menu and the full menu ,, just wondering if you have it set on the short one ( if the 80 does the same ) you should be able to access the full from the short one

thanks for the reply but I have mine set to have the full menu's displayed, so I don't think it is that.

As far as I can tell, the opimize image option is available in P S A & M modes. Its not available in Auto or any of the programme modes.

Ken is spot on. 'Optimize image' is not available in auto or programme modes.

Back