Disappointed with X-T30 images in Lightroom

I read an article that said Fuji deliberately ‘smooth’ their files as the Japanese ladies prefer this for their portraits. Quite bizarre and sexist I thought ;)

We're getting off topic but Japan seems to be a place where some people have some very strange views. If they were expressed here in the UK there'd be an absolute melt down on social media and terms like racism, misogyny and sexism would be used.

Recent news stories about women and glasses and high heels in the workplace are nothing short of shocking. IMO. As are attitudes to foreigners or indeed Japanese who've worked abroad. Not that all Japanese hold these views.

So the X-T100 is going back. I know I said that I didn't need the fastest AF but I wanted an AF that worked. Tried taking various things around my lounge today and granted it's been very grey and overcast so light was poor (but far from dark) and it refused to focus on so many things. Tried various AF modes and single point sizes and it didn't make a difference. Put it on high performance mode and that didn't make a difference. Wondered if it was darker than I thought so tried the Olly and the iPhone, they both focussed without hesitation.

Last time I buy a camera without trying first. Ergonomics weren't great either.

So the X-T100 is going back. I know I said that I didn't need the fastest AF but I wanted an AF that worked. Tried taking various things around my lounge today and granted it's been very grey and overcast so light was poor (but far from dark) and it refused to focus on so many things. Tried various AF modes and single point sizes and it didn't make a difference. Put it on high performance mode and that didn't make a difference. Wondered if it was darker than I thought so tried the Olly and the iPhone, they both focussed without hesitation.

LOOOL. Should've read the key points I posted.

I wondered whether they were being dramatic, guess not ha ha.
Honestly it was like going back 10 years, and I'm not exaggerating. Tried to focus on my jacket, it failed. Tried to focus on a mask on the wall, it failed. Both had plenty of contrast even though were in the shaded parts of the lounge. Also, if it did lock on focus it did a weird screen flicker/blackout and I kept thinking it had taken the shot even though I'd only half pressed the shutter (on checking the images it hadn't taken the shot). I knew it wasn't the fastest, but I didn't expect it to fail to focus so much. My old Sony HX9 compact was better.

As I said:-

There is always a GAS rush, especially if you don't actually need to buy any kit, this one has buyers remorse written all over it...........

:p
Honestly it was like going back 10 years, and I'm not exaggerating. Tried to focus on my jacket, it failed. Tried to focus on a mask on the wall, it failed. Both had plenty of contrast even though were in the shaded parts of the lounge. Also, if it did lock on focus it did a weird screen flicker/blackout and I kept thinking it had taken the shot even though I'd only half pressed the shutter (on checking the images it hadn't taken the shot). I knew it wasn't the fastest, but I didn't expect it to fail to focus so much. My old Sony HX9 compact was better.

Should've bought an a7riv.:p

Back