Discarded... practising pp, advice!

I agree with Craig, really like this image nice contrast and sharpness :clap:

Lovely composition. And the light is beautiful. Colours, sharpness, exposure, all spot on. Very pleasing to look at.

It's a taste thing, and it depends on what else would have come into the picture, but sitting here, just enjoying it, it suddenly struck me that perhaps it did feel a little "tight" along the top, above the ... (word gone) round green spiky main subject thingy. Perhaps, I don't know, also on the right, just slightly. But maybe not. Left and bottom feel just fine. But it's definitely a taste thing.

Lovely composition. And the light is beautiful. Colours, sharpness, exposure, all spot on. Very pleasing to look at.

It's a taste thing, and it depends on what else would have come into the picture, but sitting here, just enjoying it, it suddenly struck me that perhaps it did feel a little "tight" along the top, above the ... (word gone) round green spiky main subject thingy. Perhaps, I don't know, also on the right, just slightly. But maybe not. Left and bottom feel just fine. But it's definitely a taste thing.

Thank you! and thank you for using my kinda words like 'thingy' :LOL::LOL:

The top of said thingy i wish i had been able to get the whole thing in focus, perhaps if i had taken more shots i could have but until i got home i didn't realise i hadn't so sharpened as much of it as i could, you are right about the right side too, i cropped it slightly maybe i should have kept the rest of that leaf in?!...The reason i did this was a forest shot with people in i put up here someone said that the people were to central so i'm questioning everything for composition!:thinking:

Lovely image, well shot. The thingy is the fruit (seed pod) of a sweet chestnut.

I don't think it needs any adjusting, the thingy at the top right nicely balances the leaves to the bottom left.

Len

heapeywildlife said:
Lovely image, well shot. The thingy is the fruit (seed pod) of a sweet chestnut.

I don't think it needs any adjusting, the thingy at the top right nicely balances the leaves to the bottom left.

Len

Hehe thank you!! So many things get called thingy with me lol

One of the better "Thingy" Images Ive seen in a while well caught

Les :clap:

The green against brown works for me and it's sharp where it needs to be. My one critique is that I find the white area to the top left of the thingy a bit distracting.
It's an image I'd be pleased with:)

One of the better "Thingy" Images Ive seen in a while well caught

Les :clap:

Hahaha thanks Les;)

Lovely image

Thank you!(y)

Lovely lighting, composition and subject. Spot on! (y)

Thanks so much :)(y)

The green against brown works for me and it's sharp where it needs to be. My one critique is that I find the white area to the top left of the thingy a bit distracting.
It's an image I'd be pleased with:)

Thank you I had to go back and see and straight away i see the bit you mean and agree.:):)

Would some vignetting do it any good?
scratch2.gif

Sweet little setup! (y)

Technically it looks very good - Well lit, nice and sharp all in the right places. I'd like to have seen a bit more of its surroundings. The crop looks a bit tight to me? I think the rule of thirds would have helped here. Just MHO though. (y)

wippers said:
Technically it looks very good - Well lit, nice and sharp all in the right places. I'd like to have seen a bit more of its surroundings. The crop looks a bit tight to me? I think the rule of thirds would have helped here. Just MHO though. (y)

Sorry I missed this! Thank you and yes I probably did crop a little too tight :)

Lighting and focus spot on - well done!

But haven't got a clue what is it tho :D - leaving it as a thingy for my imagination suits me just fine!!

I really like the concept of the image, and the tonal range and colours from darks to the vibrant greens.

To take it to the next level, I would do the following;

1) Apply a blur to the front leaves, which at the moment are distracting from the main subject.

2) Try and play down the highlights and strange green lumunious part on the left side of the image.

From a technique perspective, if you are using a small aperture, look to focus on the centre of the subject. This will give a better overall DOF for the 'thingy' rather than providing detail to the leaves in front that draw the eye away.

A repost with a quick blur applied to the front leaves as to where my thought process is on it. Certainly needs some refining if goign that route.

8222105216_c0e20a89d5_c.jpg

I really like the concept of the image, and the tonal range and colours from darks to the vibrant greens.

To take it to the next level, I would do the following;

1) Apply a blur to the front leaves, which at the moment are distracting from the main subject.

2) Try and play down the highlights and strange green lumunious part on the left side of the image.

From a technique perspective, if you are using a small aperture, look to focus on the centre of the subject. This will give a better overall DOF for the 'thingy' rather than providing detail to the leaves in front that draw the eye away.

A repost with a quick blur applied to the front leaves as to where my thought process is on it. Certainly needs some refining if goign that route.

8222105216_c0e20a89d5_c.jpg

Thank you and yes i agree having the blur on the leave in front is better

Lighting and focus spot on - well done!

But haven't got a clue what is it tho :D - leaving it as a thingy for my imagination suits me just fine!!

Haha Thank you, the thingy is one of those conker shell thingy's :D

Lovely shot...light... texture... focus... colour... composition.
It really shows the structure in a way I have not noticed before.
I much prefer the original with the sharp leaves it gives a more harmonious whole.

I'm here to learn so batter me gently folks! opinions on everything i guess :)

Discarded!...... by Cg_girl, on Flickr

That is lovely T :) Great colours and sharp .... just a great shot .... Roll on January is all I am going to say then your close ups will be even more wonderful :)

Lovely shot...light... texture... focus... colour... composition.
It really shows the structure in a way I have not noticed before.
I much prefer the original with the sharp leaves it gives a more harmonious whole.

Thank you!!:)

That is lovely T :) Great colours and sharp .... just a great shot .... Roll on January is all I am going to say then your close ups will be even more wonderful :)

Thank you Carol, yep i think we will both be worse than kids come the new year lol

Thank you Carol, yep i think we will both be worse than kids come the new year lol

oh definitely!! all this excitement is not good fr me you know.... but what the heck! I dont care :D

Back