Disco Elysium: Final Cut Xbox One - crashes on startup, won't go beyond loading screen

Name
Richard Allen
Edit My Images
No
Above.

I bought the game digital last night after reading reviews and the list of achievements, now it appears I've wasted 35 quid as it won't load beyond the opening loading screen and I've had to reset the console twice to get anywhere and even then it won't load.

I've Googled the issue and can only find solutions relating to the PC version.

Help!

Contact Microsoft for a refund if it's not working.

That's my next step but I've had to do it twice before and you can only do it so many times before they block you doing it again :(
That doesn't sound legal if the software is faulty.

I know nowt of Xbox but surmise you are saying that you download it directly from MS to the Xbox.

So, as sometimes might happen with a downloadable installer was it corrupted and needs to be downloaded again.

But as @robj20 says.......get onto MS store and get them on the case!

PS if Xbox is so 'smart' surely it, like a pc does, has an error log that their servers interrogate to confirm/determine a problem???

I know nowt of Xbox but surmise you are saying that you download it directly from MS to the Xbox.

So, as sometimes might happen with a downloadable installer was it corrupted and needs to be downloaded again.

But as @robj20 says.......get onto MS store and get them on the case!

PS if Xbox is so 'smart' surely it, like a pc does, has an error log that their servers interrogate to confirm/determine a problem???
Very true, on the PlayStation for instance of a game crashes you can choose to send a crash report, surely that sort of thing is plenty of proof it isn't working. It would be very dodgy of them to cancel your account because there hardware/software isn't working properly.

I know it’s a hassle but if it’s downloadable then can’t you clear it and re- download it? Does Xbox work like PlayStation library and let you do that

That's my next step but I've had to do it twice before and you can only do it so many times before they block you doing it again :(

If you've had 3 games not work on your XBox, is there a chance there's a problem with your XBox? I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to get a refund but you might also want to get it checked out.

Seems the game has problems I'd get my money back if I was you.

View: https://BANNED/discoelysium/status/1450137120417460227?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1450137120417460227%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmonorailnew.com%2Fthe-developer-of-disco-elysium-the-final-cut-said-we-are-fixing-it-as-soon-as-possible-for-the-switch-version-of-the-game%2F

Seems the game has problems I'd get my money back if I was you.

View: https://BANNED/discoelysium/status/1450137120417460227?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1450137120417460227%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmonorailnew.com%2Fthe-developer-of-disco-elysium-the-final-cut-said-we-are-fixing-it-as-soon-as-possible-for-the-switch-version-of-the-game%2F
Sounds like was launched/released prematurely :banghead:

I would have thought the Xbox is in effect AFAIK a fixed platform that Beta testing would suffice and don't they pre-release test the RC before letting it go wild!!!

If you've had 3 games not work on your XBox, is there a chance there's a problem with your XBox? I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to get a refund but you might also want to get it checked out.
I did have that problem, but I spoke to Microsoft last November and got a brand new Series X, almost a year to the day since I got the original for £675 from CEX.

Yeah, let’s not forget the fantastic Cyberpunk 2077 launch :rolleyes:

Although as much of a mess No Man’s Sky was at launch Hello Games have done a huge amount to turn it around into a decent game now

Yeah, let’s not forget the fantastic Cyberpunk 2077 launch :rolleyes:

Although as much of a mess No Man’s Sky was at launch Hello Games have done a huge amount to turn it around into a decent game now
Yeah in November 2020 I did something I wouldn't normally do, fell for the hype and preordered Cyber Punk 2077, even though I hate Grand Theft Auto style games in general because I find the controls difficult.

Back