Dishwasher motor bearings

Edit My Images
Yes
Any appliance gurus out there?
The circulation pump seal has been leaking on our 4 year old Bosch dishwasher which now means the bearings grumble more than my wife.
The motor still runs fine, albeit noisily, but does anyone know if the bearings can be replaced separately from the motor?
The bearings aren't available from any spares places before you go pointing me towards links like Espares etc, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility I could remove them and match them up with something from a bearing supplier?
A new motor from Espares is £162 so add the cost of the seal kit and impeller and it's already way over £200. :crying:

The circulation pump seal has been leaking on our 4 year old Bosch dishwasher which now means the bearings grumble more than my wife.
The motor still runs fine, albeit noisily, but does anyone know if the bearings can be replaced separately from the motor?
The bearings aren't available from any spares places before you go pointing me towards links like Espares etc, but I'm wondering if there's a possibility I could remove them and match them up with something from a bearing supplier?
A new motor from Espares is £162 so add the cost of the seal kit and impeller and it's already way over £200. :crying:

Bearing are nearly always replaceable. Talk to one of the bearing suppliers as there is usually a part number stamped on bearings.

I know! :crying:
I've had the motor apart and have found a bearing on Ebay that matches the rear one so as long as the front one is the same I could be in business.
More fiddling tomorrow. ;)

I know! :crying:
I've had the motor apart and have found a bearing on Ebay that matches the rear one so as long as the front one is the same I could be in business.
More fiddling tomorrow. ;)

Just think of the pride you can take after the first load . (y)

A new motor from Espares is £162 so add the cost of the seal kit and impeller and it's already way over £200.

What about the seals? are these the ceramic type with springs and set into a rubber cap? bearings are usually stamped up in the form of zz601m or the like this would then enable you to get a bearing direct from a bearing supplier. Not familiar with bosch used to work for hotpoint. Sometimes you will be ok but the slightest wear and your wasting your time. What of the motor did water get into windings if so get it megga tested or again you will be wasting your time and money.

Good luck

As far a I can see, no water got into the windings, it just dribbled down the casting and off the bottom.
The bearing is marked 608Z3, I've found what I thought was a compatible one on simply bearings at £3.05 + vat but it's 6082 not 608 if that makes any difference?
Regarding the seal, it's a rubber shaft seal but it has spring-loaded fingers which I assume are to keep it in contact with the underside of the impeller?
Here's a link to the seal kit.

Seal kit was £35, the bearing was £3.55 on Ebay (also got a spare for next time ;))and we now appear to have quiet, leak-free dishwasherage! :clap:
Nice, cheap fix in the end.
Thanks for your replies, really appreciate it. (y)

Back