Display cabinets?

Name
Marco
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there everyone, not sure if this is in the right section,

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get standing glass display cabinets/units cheapish?

I've got quite a few film cameras and would like to put them in a display cabinet in the house and also because the other half is telling me that there is no more space to keep them so until I get a display cabinet then I can't buy anymore :p

Thanks
Marco

If ikea is too much money, you're probably looking for pre owned, try charity shops, junk shops antique shops etc.

This will depend on what 'look' you're after.

I wanted a couple of cabinets and after getting frustrated that I couldn't find anything I liked I designed them myself and got a firm who make kitchen units to make them for me and I'm very happy with them.

You could even make them yourself as many places will cut wood or whatever material you choose to size and once that's done it's just a matter of fixing them together with standard fixings available at the usual DIY stores.

Last edited:
If ikea is too much money, you're probably looking for pre owned, try charity shops, junk shops antique shops etc.

This will depend on what 'look' you're after.

Yeh preowned ones are fine as long as they are in fairly good condition. I didn't think about charity shops, I'll try that this weekend :)

Do they need to be glass fronted? I have my old film SLRs and lenses in cheapy bookcases from Argos :LOL:

I'd prefer a glass fronted cabinet just because of dust.

I wanted a couple of cabinets and after getting frustrated that I couldn't find anything I liked I designed them myself and got a firm who make kitchen units to make them for me and I'm very happy with them.

You could even make them yourself as many places will cut wood or whatever material you choose to size and once that's done it's just a matter of fixing them together with standard fixings available at the usual DIY stores.

I could ask a friend to make one as he is a joiner :p but I know what he's like and it will take him forever to actually start doing one let alone when he'll finish it lol.

Try the Heart Foundation charity shops that deal with furniture. They often have display units on offer.

Things like display cabinets are sometimes sold off when shops go pop. Keep an eye open for any bankruptcy sales at local auction rooms.

I would also recommend Heart Foundation shops. Some of the furniture they sell is fantastic quality and at ridiculously low prices.

We have bought lots from them and no complaints.

I doubt you would need to spend more than £30 for a large display cabinet. Stock changes reguarly so find 2 or 3 of their shops and keep calling in.

I would also recommend Heart Foundation shops. Some of the furniture they sell is fantastic quality and at ridiculously low prices.

We have bought lots from them and no complaints.

I doubt you would need to spend more than £30 for a large display cabinet. Stock changes reguarly so find 2 or 3 of their shops and keep calling in.

+1 to this, I bought a brilliant dining table and chairs set there new.

Freecycle will be cheap enough if you can find what you need

Thanks for the help guys, I will go and check out some charity shops and if I can't find what I need then the one from the ikea link above looks like what I'm looking for and good enough price :) thanks again

So I went to ikea today and bought the display cabinet, I have bought 2 of them :) pictures will be up hopefully tonight :)

Ok as promised here are the pics of the display cabinets :) what do you reckon?
(Phone camera quality)

42385535-D9FB-466E-99DF-CC3516C4AF78-397-00000029722157E0_zps8f1fa582.jpg

0816C2B5-2858-4B08-A4E7-B05532FAD1FB-397-0000002984575DC1_zps573f7318.jpg

0A5420FA-3804-4A84-90BB-5CF76E0A2E48-397-000000297EC246F5_zps60c286c1.jpg

592E9016-2F86-4656-AE09-0335B4C3915D-397-000000297891C8D0_zpsc8797fff.jpg

Nice cabinets, I have two of those also in beech! I keep all of my video game merch in them and they've lovely, you can also purchase lighting from them from Ikea also but I haven't got around to purchasing any yet (although I really, really want to!). Love your collection by the way!

Nice cabinets, I have two of those also in beech! I keep all of my video game merch in them and they've lovely, you can also purchase lighting from them from Ikea also but I haven't got around to purchasing any yet (although I really, really want to!). Love your collection by the way!

Thanks amber :), yeah they are great display cabinets and good price too! I really want to have the lighting for them too but I'll do that once the cabinets are full hehe!

Looks like they were made for the job and it looks like a perfect fit to the wall either side of the Piano (y)

Think it's a great idea, looks really good

Not sure about the corners on the photo frame though :D

Looks like they were made for the job and it looks like a perfect fit to the wall either side of the Piano (y)

Think it's a great idea, looks really good

Not sure about the corners on the photo frame though :D

Thanks,yeah made sure measured everything up before buying them, I was going to put them in the living room but the other half said it looked better there.

Haha the frame was a test fit as there's a thermostat behind it, will have to remember to take the packaging off... And put some pictures in it :p

Back