Display calibration advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 66768
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 66768

I'm in the market for a display calibration for getting 2 monitors as close to each other as possible colour wise etc

Thinking maybe the spyder 5 or x-rite Display? Anyone use either of these that can offer any advice as to which one would be the best for me ?

Thanks in advance

Two monitors driven by the same computer or two monitors on separate computers... if the former make sure that two LUT's can be supported. In my experience X-Rite products produce the better profile and hardware calibration...

It's driven by 1 pc via Nvidia GTX1080. It's actually 2 monitors and a 3rd 65" 4k TV on the wall for wedding slideshows etc

The 2 main monitors are 27" and 25" screens

Any suggestions?

I'd like the 2 monitors to be as close as possible. I'm not really bothered with the TV in terms of calibration.

Is there any particular model you could suggest ? I'd like to keep the price down if possible

I prefer the i1displaypro, over the spyder device on mac.

I had problems when the spyder3pro, upgrade to i1displaypro and have been happy with the calibration on two dell 2209wa monitors.

Either the Colormunki display or the slightly more expensive i1 Display will do the job for you. It is important to note that there are two separate processes involved (although it appears to be one) that of Calibration (the hardware bit) and the creation of the profile or Look Up Table. Calibration involves the setting of your white point/luminance, this will vary according to your ambient lighting and if producing prints, your print viewing conditions. By all means use the software recommended level initially but you must determine what is optimum for your set - up.

If any of your monitors can be hardware profiled there maybe a specific device required, for Dell monitors that is the i1display by xrite, so maybe worth checking that out. If you only want software calibrated then any of them will be fione, provided the appropriate software runs on your os.

Either the Colormunki display or the slightly more expensive i1 Display will do the job for you. It is important to note that there are two separate processes involved (although it appears to be one) that of Calibration (the hardware bit) and the creation of the profile or Look Up Table. Calibration involves the setting of your white point/luminance, this will vary according to your ambient lighting and if producing prints, your print viewing conditions. By all means use the software recommended level initially but you must determine what is optimum for your set - up.
Thinking of going for the colormunki display. Will it profile both monitors then ok?

Yes... provided your Graphics card can support and use two LUT's. (I am a Mac user so not au fait with PC video cards).
Yeah I'm pretty sure it can GTX1080

Any suggestions on best place to buy? Think £119 is the cheapest I see it for

Sorry to be a pain but could the spyder 5 express calibrate 2 monitors to match in the same vein? It's only about £80

Sorry to be a pain but could the spyder 5 express calibrate 2 monitors to match in the same vein? It's only about £80
It can.... but personally I would still pay the extra for an X-Rite product, they can all produce good profiles but my experience is that the ColorMunki/X-Rite products do produce a better and more consistent profile.

Back