Display for DJI Fly App

Edit My Images
No
I have purchased a DJI mini 2 and need a screen, as my Phantom 4 pro has a built in screen and I don't want to use my phone.

DJI mainly recommend phones or iPads but has anyone used a cheep tablet. I understand it needs to be 64bit and have 3GB of Ram these appear to fit the bill but would be interested to hear about suggestions for £150 or less.

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I was going to try a iPad mini but now I’ve had a few rest flights I’m happy using my phone. My daughters iPad mini seems to work ok and can be picked up pretty cheaply used, which is what I was going to do. I bought the little adapter and longer cable to connect it up. But as I say I’m happy with the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Are you looking to tether to your phone for mapping or cache the maps?

OP
ah5168
Edit My Images
No
I was going to try a iPad mini but now I’ve had a few rest flights I’m happy using my phone. My daughters iPad mini seems to work ok and can be picked up pretty cheaply used, which is what I was going to do. I bought the little adapter and longer cable to connect it up. But as I say I’m happy with the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Are you looking to tether to your phone for mapping or cache the maps?
I'm not really bothered about mapping, I just need to display the camera image and allow me to adjust the settings etc.

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
I have an iPad mini 5 without gps that I use and its great! Nice thing about the mini is it fits into my drones remote with no adapters. When it comes down to it I end up using my iPhone XR more often than not. As was mentioned you can pick up a refurbished mini for cheap now a days, and there's no denying the screen is beautiful during flights.