Answered Displaying image exif info

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Noticed this has been asked for previously but for context. I'm on another forum, a nikon specific one and it seems to use the same forum back end. They have a plug-in that shows the exif under the image on every image as in the screen grab below. Is it not possible to do this here? I did see a reply here about the exif being stripped off the files but that doesn't happen on this other forum so defiantly possible.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 13.11.25.jpg

Now some may not find the information useful, but others do so it's a nice addition IMO

A lot of people save for web, here when attaching files,
That obviously strips the exif and I'm not sure that forum software would be able to recover it.
Others when posting from the likes of flickr, some leave the exif intact some don't, if its available, its visible on a click through.

I actually don't see that the exif is much help other than mild curiosity, as that was the data recorded at that specific time, by that person.
Someone standing next you taking the same image, would most likely use different settings iso / speed / aperture to suit them or their kit.

Back