Disposable camera challenge 2019 - Photos that didn't make the cut

Here we go ! all with the Kodak funsaver with 800ASA film

As it was a very bright sunny day the 800 speed film resulted in bad over exposure so with this one had to have the highlights turn down to get to this level. The best focus point seems to be roughly the front of the boat at 30 foot or so. from later photos I reckon between10 to30 foot is it's best point. Near Wombourne in SouthStaffs ( Very near to me) The guy in the hat told me he was a continuous cruiser and had rescently taken the boat past the Houses of Parliament.

74860025.jpg

Taken in shadow on a bright day. Very similar to one of my entries, I preferred the smoke in this one but I think my entry was the better photo over all. Arley station on the Severn Valley railway. Again between 20 and 30 foot away.
74860020.jpg

The Doctors surgery and sometimes the Police house Aidensfield in the TV series Heart Beat ( really Goathland)

74860006.jpg

Scripps Garage Aidensfield ( really Goathland) from Heart beat rejected as I chopped the roof off ?

74860008.jpg

Modern train at Shifnal Railway station I had to cut the high lights and turn the saturation up a little again because of 800ASA film in bright light there seems to be some distortion from the left hand side of the lens.

74860034.jpg

Ruiton wind powered stone mill again very close to me. I've been sent over the top of this strapped in a stretcher when practicing rescues when I was in the caving club it is also used by a local Ham radio club as it's very high up I've chatted to them in the past on VHF. It just didn't look as I'd imaged it , Flat dull light, saturation increased a little.
74860015.jpg

Last edited:
imag1-jpg.248039

Attachments

• Imag1.jpg
    Imag1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 81
Goathland Heartbeat country ,The scafolding wrecked it for me plus some lens flare
74860007.jpg

Over exposed due to bright light and 800asa film plus a litte too much contrast in the shot

74860027.jpg
I took the shot just a little too early ! Over exposed again.
74860022.jpg

Last edited:
Just not interesting enough + over exposure.Trescott ford Wolverhampton

74860030.jpg

Shifnal railway station ,not sure ??

74860037.jpg
My idiot son flatted his battery again late on a Sunday evening and as usual I had to rescue him, it was just a test of the flash in the open air

dark.JPG

Last edited:
Five that I hoped would work better than they have.
I was hoping that the fence behind the models would be further OOF for the first two but the DoF defeated me, leaving it too obvious that they're models on a shelf with a fence behind. If I try again, I'll use a plain backdrop. I should really have arranged the real things against a nearby brick wall but I no longer have the Rocket III and by the time I could have arranged them it would have started to rain again!!!

9951430030.jpg9951430031.jpg

And again, defeated by DoF.

I hoped that I would get a more abstract view of these Laburnum flowers but the twigs and leaves behind spoil the effect.

9951430010.jpg

Less of a DoF problem here, more OOD film burning out these Hebe flowers, leaving just white blobs.

9951430003.jpg

And this was me being over-optimistic with MFD. I was hoping to get more of the texture in one of Mrs Nod's yoga mats but was too close.

9951430016.jpg

Back