Dissapointed with new SD Card

Edit My Images
No
I currently have an old 8gb Sandisk Extreme Pro U1 SDHC1 Class 10 card and needed more space.

I use the card to transfer data between various computers and needed more space

So I went out today and bought a 32gb Sandisk Extreme Plus U3 SDHC1 Class 10 card and its slower to write .. BooHoo

I thought I had done my homework but obviously not.

I'm no sd card expert but I've noticed that when shopping you see pro, xtreme, whammo zammo, etc . Then you read the write speeds and think, hang on a minute.....?

It's because most manufacturers now realise they make more money if they get their marketing department to write the speed ratings of their electronic devices.

Last edited:
There have been reports that there are counterfeit SanDisk cards being sold i.e. lower quality generics made to look like better performance SanDisk ones.

From what I have read the feedback "says" that if bought from primary sellers such as Amazon then more than likely the genuine article.

So just maybe, depending on where purchased, you were sold a counterfeit product???

I bought it from currys https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/camer...s-10-sdhc-memory-card-32-gb-10146732-pdt.html

So I thought I would google it and came to the Amazon site https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?sf=col&fst=as:eek:ff&rh=n:560798,n:1345741031,n:561932,n:296791011,k:sandisk+extreme+plus,p_n_feature_browse-bin:411646031&keywords=sandisk+extreme+plus&ie=UTF8&qid=1549144728&rnid=560800

Forgetting the speed look at the price variation. Should have been patient and just bought the Extreme Pro from them, cheapest of the lot :(

Unless it's raining molten lead and they are the only place of refuge NEVER go into Currys!

Unless it's raining molten lead and they are the only place of refuge NEVER go into Currys!
maybe, based on price, but they aren't likely to be selling fake kit surely.

maybe, based on price, but they aren't likely to be selling fake kit surely.
No I'm sure they don't. Discontinued lines and other clearance products I'm not so sure. Misinformation when selling, how long you got? Some of the stories they've told my customers are just incredible. ( I service Pc's)

Well I took it back and got a refund and have now bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32

There have been reports that there are counterfeit SanDisk cards being sold i.e. lower quality generics made to look like better performance SanDisk ones.

From what I have read the feedback "says" that if bought from primary sellers such as Amazon then more than likely the genuine article.

So just maybe, depending on where purchased, you were sold a counterfeit product???
A year or so ago. I bought 2 x 128g sandisk cards, they where coming from Canada, so thought they will be fine.

They came in what looked like original packaging.
I noticed the print on the card looked ever so slightly, not right.

I dropped into my sd card sleave, then did a test. It was ridiculously slow.

Then I read about on fake cards.
Not only do they have slow read write, but the 128g is more likely 32, they just spoofed it well.

I then went and did a write up on what to look for in fake cards, mainly for the seller who insisted they are legit.

I tend to buy all my SD cards off 7dayshop, aria.co.uk, or Amazon prime specials.

Never will I go Ebay again

Back