Distant waders in flight

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

A few waders shot while waiting for the sunset to happen. Not sure what they are but at a guess I would say dunlins? (probably totally wrong :LOL:)

5428_961de0a769_b.jpg

54292020dd98bf8_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks John, do you know what they are?

they are indeed dunlins and a couple of golden plovers too.nice shots BTW

Two good ones Alby, lovely light in the second shot. Have you thought about losing a bit off of the bottom in #1? Perhaps cropping just below the birds. This shot does have a nice horizon and it might well work in more of a 16.9 format :shrug:

Two good ones Alby, lovely light in the second shot. Have you thought about losing a bit off of the bottom in #1? Perhaps cropping just below the birds. This shot does have a nice horizon and it might well work in more of a 16.9 format :shrug:

:LOL::LOL:

Like the second shot best but, I find the birds a little distracting :LOL::LOL:

Graham.

they are indeed dunlins and a couple of golden plovers too.nice shots BTW
Thanks Mex and for the ID ;)
Yep I think that would work better, thanks Rich.;)
:LOL::LOL:

Like the second shot best but, I find the birds a little distracting :LOL::LOL:

Graham.
What birds? :shrug: :LOL:

Thanks Mex and for the ID ;)

Yep I think that would work better, thanks Rich.;)

What birds? :shrug: :LOL:

Just a thought really Alby, I am not sure if Graham thought I was taking the mick :LOL: Still keep the birds in the frame, but I just thought that the skyline made for something different as a backdrop, losing the bright patch off of the bottom might perhaps just keep the eye focused more on the image. What do I know :shrug: ;)

Just a thought really Alby, I am not sure if Graham thought I was taking the mick :LOL: Still keep the birds in the frame, but I just thought that the skyline made for something different as a backdrop, losing the bright patch off of the bottom might perhaps just keep the eye focused more on the image. What do I know :shrug: ;)

I know exactly what you are saying Rich, the shot was a tester for light primarily for the sunset but I liked the waders flying through so thought I would pop it up here as you don't see many distant shots of birds on here too often.
I think cropping halfway between the bottom and the birds and the original base works best for my eye.

Sorry Graham, your point being?

I am so sorry Rich, for some reason I thought I saw Alby replying to his own thread, don't ask just one of those days.

Again I am sorry Rich.

Graham. :bonk:

Not in the slightest.

I have NO idea what I was seeing/thinking or reading at the time. (I am a complete dough-nut). :exit:.

I am so sorry Rich, for some reason I thought I saw Alby replying to his own thread, don't ask just one of those days.

Again I am sorry Rich.

Graham. :bonk:

Not in the slightest.

I have NO idea what I was seeing/thinking or reading at the time. (I am a complete dough-nut). :exit:.

No need to apologise to me Graham ;) I looked upon your comment as dry bit of humour hence the laughing smiley in my reply (y)

Back