Disused

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I had a holiday last year i had been dreaming about for many years, mainly waiting for the kids to grow up and also saving the money, we did a road trip in the USA. Started in Atlanta, through the Smoky Mountains to Pigeon Forge (to visit Dollywood for the missus), Nashville, Memphis, 3 days following the Mississippi River to New Orleans, then finishing at Dallas. Absolutely loved in, holiday of a lifetime, also got a couple of shots while on the road, here's one.

Disused
by David Byrne, on Flickr

here's the beast we drove round in

Our Rental for the Road Trip

and a few of you may recognise these

Thomas - Fired Up Garage

Tom - Fired Up Garage

Love the 1st, have you tried it in mono? The colour version works well for me, however I feel the textures of the scene would be much more powerful without the colour

yeah i have but prefer the colour and im a mono bloke!

BTW, the other pics were just snap shots and there for back story

Last edited:
Fair play, would be interesting to see the conversion. I'm a bit of a sucker for that kinda thing. I assumed the other other's were there for context, not sure who the other fella's are though.

not had all the work done to it it should so there are problems but it gives you an idea

Disused

Yep, definitely my preference. However as always, it is only my opinion. I'm guessing you had a fantastic time?

yeah fantastic, seeing a new city every other day or so is brilliant and the driving is so easy

Great shots Dave, I like both versions of your Disused shot I think either works very well.(y)

"Pleased to hear you had a great time in the US, I know all of the areas of your trip very well. I have property and cotton fields in "Spring Creek" (Tennessee) about half way between Memphis & Nashville".

George.

Back