Ditching Macbook air for Ipad

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thinking of selling my Macbook Air and getting a secondhand Ipad Pro. My macbook sees very little use and I really only use it to occasionally quickly edit and caption for newspapers, but even this has reduced or at least I tend to have time to edit the images on my desktop. I also usually take my laptop with me while travelling for a similar reason, but again it is a little cumbersome and i'm sure most tasks could be completed on the Ipad.

I was wondering if anyone here has any practical experience using an Ipad over a laptop. I shoot mostly street and documentary photography, so I don't do complicated editing. I feel like my 2015 macbook air probably is not much more capable.

I tried this a number of years ago, prior to the iPad Pro, and ended up getting another MacBook. I found that Lightroom Mobile isn't quite powerfull enough (and still isn't) and that I prefer a proper keyboard for writing.

I am thinking of selling my Macbook Air and getting a secondhand Ipad Pro. My macbook sees very little use and I really only use it to occasionally quickly edit and caption for newspapers, but even this has reduced or at least I tend to have time to edit the images on my desktop. I also usually take my laptop with me while travelling for a similar reason, but again it is a little cumbersome and i'm sure most tasks could be completed on the Ipad.

I was wondering if anyone here has any practical experience using an Ipad over a laptop. I shoot mostly street and documentary photography, so I don't do complicated editing. I feel like my 2015 macbook air probably is not much more capable.

Do you really have a desktop computer at home? If this is so, then that is fine.

Back