Divided Pyrocat HD, the magic bullet?

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
I used Divided Pyrocat HD as I wanted to see if the Compensatory Action would prevent the whites being completely blown out which is normally what happens with this type of image. This actually worked better than expected and I actually had to add a little contrast to give it a slight lift. In each case I metered using my Minolta Spotmeter F from the shadow area in which I wished to retain some detail and then closed down 3 stops from that to get my taking exposure.

5"x7" Fomapan 400 @ ISO250, 1/8 sec @ f32, Divided Pyrocat HD 6 minutes both solution A+B at 25° C. Wollensak WA Raptor 6.25inch f9 (80+ year old non-coated lens)

Steps, Avon River, Devon. by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Another from the same process batch.

5"x7" Ilford FP4+ @ ISO100, 1/8 sec @ f22, Divided Pyrocat HD 6 minutes both solution A+B at 25° C. Schneider 121mm f8 Super Angulon Lens

Storm Damaged Tree, Avon River, Devon by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Last edited:
Eddie....way way way over my head. Certainly seems to work though. Great shots.

blimmin brillaint any pics of the camera and that lens?

Gorgeous shots, Ed.

I'm tempted to google the dividend spirochat thingie but I know that I'm supposed to be going out in a bit and that I'd probably be here the rest of the day trying to understand it if I did. :thinking:

Gorgeous shots, Ed.

I'm tempted to google the dividend spirochat thingie but I know that I'm supposed to be going out in a bit and that I'd probably be here the rest of the day trying to understand it if I did. :thinking:

Eddie....way way way over my head. Certainly seems to work though. Great shots.

Thanks Gents (y)

blimmin brillaint any pics of the camera and that lens?

You wish and all that: Actually an identical one I sold recently.

Basic Frame:

Frame with standard bellows at full extension (24 inches):

Camera at more normal extension:

Standard bellows at Minimum Extension:

Rear of Camera showing Ground Glass:

Front of Camera with included Canham Board:

Back