DIY help UPDATED!

Hope you have a ticket to do all that :LOL:

i think your ok to do plug sockets and lightswitches although by rights you need to get them inspected but its hardly rocket science! Its just another peice of beurocratic b******t to insure that you cant do anything yourself and as such the tradesmen get more money!

Its just another peice of beurocratic b******t to insure that you cant do anything yourself and as such the tradesmen get more money!

How true, but then I've a degree in Electronics and common sense.
Ive visited the next door neighbours a few times and have seriously considered increasing my fire insurance....

I've heard it said that the sum total of common sense in the world is a constant, but the population is increasing.

Hang on to what you've got and try to teach your kids.

pictures as promised

chimney breast (previously bare brick after chipping off the artex)
plastering01.jpg

back wall
plastering03.jpg

bay window
plastering04.jpg

fireplace
plastering05.jpg

stairs
plastering02.jpg

just got to let it dry properly and then seal it and paper it :)

really pleased with the plasterers, really nice bunch of chaps and they did some extra bits i hadnt asked them to do while they were at it :)

Looking so much better..when's the TP house party :p

it'll happen in the summer, gotta get suzie moved in at the end of the month, get the paper on, paint 3 rooms and the hall, flooring down in the living room, bedroom, hallway and office and then ill have the housewarming party a year and a half after i moved in!

Have a painting party!!!! Kill two birds with one stone..still have yet to meet Suzie properly..all I know is she's hot..but never really got to speak to her :(

:woot: looks like you are doing well! wanna visit Northamptonshire next week to help me? :D :D :D

just waiting for the plaster to dry, i think 2 weeks should sort it, its all gone very pink already but i want to be sure by leaving it another week. ive passed the time by finishing the wiring (i now have 4 dimmable halogen spots beside the chimney breast) and replacing the floorboards in the room above, ive also painted the ceiling in that room and im starting the walls tomorrow, got a carpet ordered for the bedroom as well.

its all moving forwards :)

Dont forget to pre-treat (extra thin coat of paint/glue first) your plaster before hanging paper or painting or it'll suck the moisture out of it and it'll fall off/crack.

still not finished but ive moved back into the room, still needs flooring, fire fitting and skirting boards fitting

heres a few pics

house01(small).jpg

house02(small).jpg

gonna phone a few folks about getting the fire fitted this week and ill order the flooring. the main focus now is to get wallpaper back onto the bedroom walls and get them painted ready for the carpet

busy bunny, but you would not believe how satisfying it was to get the dining room table back together and to have a sit down meal :D

It's all getting there then :) I can't wait to get myself a house and attempt DIY, though i have a feeling it would take me a very long time to actually achieve anything :LOL:

Wow..It's looking ace now! Not so long till the house warming party woo! :)

Back