DJI Mavic Colour Correct "Test" NUMBER 2

The post production looks OK although I think you may be adding or starting off with a bit too much sharpening.

It also looks underexposed to me, I normally set the exposure manually using either the histogram or adjusting the exposure until the exposure just starts to appear in some of the brightest sections of the image.

Yes, all but the last clip was a touch underexposed as I found out when I got home. I could barely see my screen when recording, and by the time I had noticed and adjusted (for the last clip), I was ready for packing up.

I think in future I'll make sure the histogram is on, and use zerbaing (I think that's an options on the Mavic).

I've always felt cinelike does something strange to greens which is hard to correct.
But it makes a big difference avoiding slight under exposure.
It's just not worth messing with manual unless you are hardly moving.
I use Auto and set EV comp on +0.3 or +0.7 in auto and make it darker later the odd time it needs it.

I usually just leave WB manually on 7000 and sort it later if need be.

Although it's not really for mavic there's a free LUT here you might try, I thought it helped the cinelike greens issue.
http://noamkroll.com/download-my-fr...-im-not-using-the-new-gh4-supertone-settings/

Last edited:
TBH, I usually just have auto colour mode on. I think in future I'll stick with Auto colour, but just tweak the settings a touch

The Auto White Balance is quite good but tends to shift as light changes - turning or tilting camera.
This can sometimes create some awkward changes especially if you are later only using short clips from each scene.
It's generally best to select one of the presets or go manual.

You are dealing with heavily compressed video files so the closer you can get your exposure and white balance in camera the greater the latitude to do things in post production.

I normally set the white balance to 5200k which looks fairly good with good sunlight. This image was set at 5200k with a bit of zebra on the lightest bits of the clouds.

p2429982271-6.jpg

Back