DNP Ink without paper ?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Does anyone know where i can get DNP DS40 ink only, it seems to run out alot quicker than my paper, resulting in having now, 1 ink roll and 4 rolls of paper.

I begrudge paying £120 for essentially ink whilst stock piling paper.

Ta

The paper roll for the DNP printers are longer than the ink roll. This is to cover any wastage if changing media part way (different sizes) plus to enable the roll ends to be fitted as there is no core. It is false economy to replace just the ink as you cannot then gauge when the paper will need to be changed.

You can download from DNP printer display which tells you how many prints remaining plus the historical print counter for that machine. By changing just the ink renders this partly unusable and you will have no idea when the paper is due to be replaced which will be shortly aftyerwards.

BTW you cannot buy just the ink seperate only buy the twin roll box.

Last edited:
snapzz said:
BTW you cannot buy just the ink seperate only buy the twin roll box.

Thats what i needed. Not bothered about photo count, just change the paper/ink when either runs out.

Ta

The paper roll and ribbon are matched, so when the ribbon finishes, both items come out, don't ever be tempted to finish off paper rolls with new ribbons as you will get in a real mess.
Like Graham said they always give you more paper on the roll than you actually need, and that is the case with all makes of dye subs, not just DNP.

Back