Do any of these work

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
All comments on composition, colour usage, PP etc welcomed and appreciated.

Man V Nature

1771_zpsfe83cf8d.jpg

Ennerdale

1768_zps97ecd586.jpg

1767_zpsfb5d8133.jpg

1766_zps6b10b3e0.jpg

It's a beautiful view.
The structure in the first image adds nothing though, and PP-wise, the last image is the winner for me.

It's a beautiful view.
The structure in the first image adds nothing though, and PP-wise, the last image is the winner for me.

was trying to frame the shot....
well thanks for the feedback, must try harder LOL

Personally I find the structure in the first picture distracting. Mainly because it's such a beautiful view! I also agree with the others that your last shot is the best. :)

yes they work apart from the first one ( a bridge to far ). lovely location though and nice pics

Thanks everyone, lesson learnt, I ts a 10 min walk from my house, where I go with the little rug rat daily to settle him.
Only peace I get :LOL:

I'll try and find something else for foreground interest next time.

Once again thanks for taking the time to look and comment, helps me keep direction and understand my errors. (y)

Agreed last one is best, where was your focus point? It doesn't seem overly sharp? Or maybe it's just me!

F11 and focus point was trees mid distance. No tripod though as was walking little un. So could be a little oof

They all have a heavy cyan colour cast here. Was that intentional?

Were you going to see the horses?

Thats what I was wondering too. Its a great view I have tried at sunrise but never been happy.

sorry but all I see is bad masking ( or selection) you have the sky then the mid ground leaving the foreground more or less untouched.
It is not working for me at all.
Why did you want the sky so cyan? also the mid ground colours are not good.
It is good to experiment but I think you have to have a reason and let it be seen what that reason was.
If an image is going to show something from the photographer then it need to be clear what was the intention.
I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

I'm a man I don't know what colour cyan is :LOL:

Were you going to see the horses?

Thats what I was wondering too. Its a great view I have tried at sunrise but never been happy.
Ahhh a fellow struggle :LOL: there's often a good view from there, but I was a little disappointed with it that morning, wanted more hill snow. And yes we often feed the horses.

sorry but all I see is bad masking ( or selection) you have the sky then the mid ground leaving the foreground more or less untouched.
It is not working for me at all.
Why did you want the sky so cyan? also the mid ground colours are not good.
It is good to experiment but I think you have to have a reason and let it be seen what that reason was.
If an image is going to show something from the photographer then it need to be clear what was the intention.
I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

I can, my excuse is joy lack of patience when editing, my lack of skills when shooting and my desire to get more detail and separate fore middle and distance.

I'm still learning

I'm a man I don't know what colour cyan is :LOL:

Ahhh a fellow struggle :LOL: there's often a good view from there, but I was a little disappointed with it that morning, wanted more hill snow. And yes we often feed the horses.

I can, my excuse is joy lack of patience when editing, my lack of skills when shooting and my desire to get more detail and separate fore middle and distance.

I'm still learning
how about you post the shot as is. We can then help you get what your after may be.

It is rather under exposed but that would have protected the highlights but its probably too underexposed.

To warm the shot up a little it opened it Adobe Camera RAW added a ND grad to adjust the exposure a little in the upper part of the shot the opened in PS and used three levels adjustment layers to produce this I know it has halos but its a quick example with a small image

Not my shot 9 by alf.branch, on Flickr

I have to agree with Chaz I'm afraid. I'm no landscape expert, but:

1. The bridge is very distracting and adds nothing to the image.
2, 3 & 4. Way too much PP work not done very well IMHO. You have huge halo's over the tree lines and mountain edges. There's some very obvious use of Dodge & Burn all over the place.

I would perhaps look more at getting the technique right in camera first if you're not so good at PP.(y)

personally I find the grass at the bottom distracting as it is quite prominent. The original pic looks like the white balance was out to begin with. The first one just spoils the great view of the landscape. Bracketed exposure could have given you more to play with too.

personally I find the grass at the bottom distracting as it is quite prominent. The original pic looks like the white balance was out to begin with. The first one just spoils the great view of the landscape. Bracketed exposure could have given you more to play with too.

hand held walking little un so no tripod, so no bracketed exposure option

Back