Do I need to put some loading backing paper/strips underneath a canvas designed for inkjet printer!

Name
jo
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm all ready to go, to print my first test canvas on my Canon Pro1000

I've searched google best I could, and found a couple of tutorials that deal with printing normal canvas such as dust sheets type etc, and using a standard inject printer, and they use a backing paper to load into the printer.

Another tutorial said tape a strip of printer paper onto the leading edge to ensure correct line feed. Don't fancy using cellotape must admit, but do have mount spray! But as I'm

Well that is a new one to me......as in I have yet to read of anyone printing with an inkjet onto actual woven canvas materials!

I would have thought such material would be far too absorbent for the picolitre volumes delivered by such inkjets, let alone too thick to feed through the printer.

I look forward to your update on the sort end results you get :)

Thankfully I've have got Canvas that has been designed to use in an inkjet printer, don't fancy trying something like a dust sheet with freezer paper iron on the back.... Well mot in the pro1000 be too scared I'd muck up the printer.

Just banging my head around various settings, sounds so easy until you start actually sorting it... I've got to constraints one being my stretcher bar sizes and printer width size, So trying to to work out aspect ratio, settled on 16x14... which is fine on the pro layout, but then you send it to the canon print, its a case on what paper size to tell the printer. Hubby says, just go for it see what happens, I'm going yeah fine but don't fancy wasting ink/canvas because I've go the paper settings wrong.

Can I suggest you look into Qimage http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/

I bought it some years back but because I printed so little at home.... ..did not "get into it deeply enough" to fully appreciate its full capabilities.

They have numerous tutorial videos ~ see the 'Creative Printing' section near the bottom of the videos page.......one specifically mentions canvases......maybe others too (and an active user forum I think I recall) on the site and of course a trial period.......maybe it will serve you well in your canvas project.

Last edited:
Back