Do I really want to move to LF?

The 50mm has a great FOV for wider landscapes on the RB67. I'd consider it pretty well essential for landscape work on the RB67. I have the 90mm and the 50mm and the 50mm pretty well lives on the camera.

The 180mm is a VG lens as well esp for portraiture.

:D :D Absolutely!

/facepalm

A lack of understanding of the floating element function on these lenses is largely responsible for the unjustified bad rep these lenses sometimes get .

***Just been snopping around... it seems that there was a version of the RB67 65mm lens that in fact did have a floating element!?!:thinking:***

Well my 65mm has a floating element.

I think, having seen what MF is really capable of, I should be sticking with it, at least for now. Right you are, cost is indeed an issue, especially at the moment. I'll never stop thinking about going LF now I don't think, and so one day it will happen! Thanks for your advice chaps :)

I might be wrong, but answering my own questions with the aid of advice from others is potentially part of the process, no? :thinking:

Also, people might buy a TLR with a fixed lens because that is what they work best with... I bought the mamiya knowing that lenses could be interchanged and given the situation, would kinda like to take advantage of that. I think this situation is unique to the 'progress with kit once the kit limits you' argument, simply because I only own one prime lens for the RB as it is. With the sale of the F5, I could potentially get a 50mm and a 90mm to compliment my current 65mm. On the D700, I find myself sticking between 24mm and 50mm for landscapes as it is, so perhaps this is a good way to go?

Many thanks again to everyone for their advice, it's much appreciated!

Also I've seen some excellent shots from colour slide film from a Pentax 6X4.5 camera, interesting to compare a colour tranny from a 6X4.5 to a 5X4 using colour NEGATIVE film.

Back