Do Mamiya RB67 lenses work on RZ67 bodies?

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi chaps and chapettes!

A very quick q, as I need to confirm this before selling it... Will RB67 lenses fit on the RZ67 PRO I body?

I know for certain RZ lenses wont fit on the RB, I just need to confirm the compatibility works in the other direction.

Many thanks all :)

Woodsy, I'd like to say 100% yes, but....

I've got an RB lens on an RZ body and it seems to work fine but I haven't actually dev'd anything from it yet.

But they do fit and appear to function as they should.

This is all adding to the confirmation of what I previously thought tbh. I've read on another forum it is fine, I heard from ages ago in conversation it's fine, Wiki says it's fine bar a few select lenses... I just need to be 100% is all :D

Many thanks for the reply chap! I'd really appreciate everyone elses input also if possible! :)

Aha! A reply from Mamiya themselves:

info@macgroupus said:
Jonathan:

RB lenses will work on RZ bodies, just remember to set the shutter speeds on the lens, and that the RZ AE metered prism will not work.

So there we have it! Lenses will work however the meter in the RZ wont, naturally, as the RB lenses have the shutter control on the lens and not the body.

Quality :)

So what setting do you put the shutter speed at on the body? Or doesn't it matter?

From what I understand, it shouldn't matter, as it wont have any effect on the mechanical setting of the shutter speed on the lens.

Further more, and while I this is kind of swings and roundabouts, it means that should the battery in the RZ body run dry, the use of the RB lens(es) means you can still use the camera. (This is assuming that my understanding of the electronic shutter system on the RZ is sound)

Last edited:
Back