Do the papers pay twice if...

In my experience some do, some dont, cant say ive ever been published in the Sun but then again its the one paper i never pick up.

Can't be 100% sure, but I think I might have had few pics (not this season) in the Sun (online and print).. and I think that time they only paid once.

Must have been a hell of an experience in that monsoon :D

Not something I want to sit out in too often.

The sleeves from my err hmm waterproof jacket were not up to that amount of rain.

When I went in to the stands to try and edit, my fingers were so damp the trackpad on my laptop was useless. So tried using the 'nipple' mouse on the Thinkpad but it was too hard to straighten the photos with the laptop on my lap.

Weather looking good for this Saturday though :)

AFAIK ..if its online you gte paid.. if its in paper you get paid.. if its in both you just get paid for the paper ass thats the bigger fee.

The sun are one of the best papers for paying.. they pay a good amount and they pay quick and i never have to check if they use anyhting.. quite a few times just paid out the blue..

PS the greatest football photo ever taken was a splash pic.. so good they made it into a statue at preston..

Last edited:
Thanks Tony.

Would I be right in thinking that the amount is based on the size of the photo or are there other criteria? Not that it matters, just interested.

web is usualyt 40 quid no matter what size.. presume your on 70%?

it seems a little irratic.. got good money for smaller and less money for bigger.. no idea how they make up the amounts.. sometimes i think it has a lot to do with a list and a pin :)

yes, if same pic used online and in paper, it's only one payment, it's usually a larger payment tho to include online, think they call it an all editions fee.

Thanks chaps much appreciated.

On a separate note how do you guys check News International titles for on-line usage?

Hi Rob,
it doesn't cover all papers now as The Times/Sun charge for on line viewing but a free look see is http://www.mediauk.com/tags/national
you can pay for paper viewing sites but I can't justify the outlay as I work for an agency & they have it anyway!. I'm sure If self employed like Tony it is worth it!. Kind regards Graham.

i dont bother checking... unless I know theres a good chance of summat being in.. then i just go asda and sift through the sports pages... Otherwise I find news international are good at letting me know.. as is the daily mirror.. its the daily mail who need keeping an eye on ..

i dont bother checking... unless I know theres a good chance of summat being in.. then i just go asda and sift through the sports pages... Otherwise I find news international are good at letting me know.. as is the daily mirror.. its the daily mail who need keeping an eye on ..
Same here with the Mail, also just spent ages chasing up the Daily Star for 1 particular image from beginning of April

Same here with the Mail, also just spent ages chasing up the Daily Star for 1 particular image from beginning of April

When Express Newspapers took total control of the London print site, that was previously owned 50/50 with The Telegraph, they change payment terms, to suppliers, from 30 days from date of invoice to

60 days FROM the end of the month in which you submit your invoice !!!!!!!

AFAIK ..if its online you gte paid.. if its in paper you get paid.. if its in both you just get paid for the paper ass thats the bigger fee.

The sun are one of the best papers for paying.. they pay a good amount and they pay quick and i never have to check if they use anyhting.. quite a few times just paid out the blue..

PS the greatest football photo ever taken was a splash pic.. so good they made it into a statue at preston..

I have a copy of that signed by Tom Finney :)

Back