Midlands Do the TP forum run meets?

We have arranged meets in the past, normally at a particular venue or town. It sort of went sideways with Covid. Years ago we even used to organise local studio sessions.

There used to be fairly regular meet ups but these tailed off long before Covid put an end to them

As the others have said, covid put the kibosh on most of that, but if you have something specific in mind,
there is no reason why you can't start a "meet" thread :)

Reactions: Nod
I might think about restarting the London Photo Strolls again in the Autumn.
Last one was all set to go then along came Covid.
Think we were wandering from Kings Cross by canal towpath to Paddington with stops off along the way.
Might resurrect that one or perhaps from Kings X back to the city taking in the Post Office railway at Mt Pleasant.
Lets see how things pan out before getting too carried away

I'd be up for meeting over a weekend if it's not too far from me. Years back when I joined, there was actually quite a few meets happening and I attended some of those that weren't a million miles away. I put my photography to the side for a while and when I returned to the forum, I discovered that the meets have since fizzled out.

I'm in Hertfordshire so if there's anything within reasonable driving distance at the weekend then I'll try to join. I will wait until I've got a Flipside bag before I go back into London though as a pickpocket got into my Versapack within a few seconds :oops: :$

It's pretty much always been up to members, if you are unlucky we may turn up :D

That said @lindsay and I organised a meet up with some folk at the Photography Show at the NEC last year and I be up for doing that again if my wallet can stand the strain.

Yes, I'd go to the show again and have an informal GAS-Attack party!
The only meets arranged since I joined the site have been for the Fusty & Crusty mob, and the London walk (if I recall correctly), although there have, I think, been a few informal meetings of a couple or three members.
I think the organisation task does fall to a member to coordinate, with no liability for weather or any of the other stuff that can go wrong!
1. Decide on a location, eg Ironbridge Gorge, a heritage railway, a studio, etc
2. decide if any tutorial/guidance is going to be on offer either from a member or something more commercial
3. Decide on some candidate dates
4. Invite takers
5. Arrange/keep tabs on dropouts and late joiners
6. Arrange the meeting point and refreshments venue during the day.

Back