Do these screens mean it's terminal for my PC?

Thanks again Neil. You are very helpful on these techy things.
That's well within my budget. I'll rely on your expertise in these matters.

Thanks @Snapsh0t.
I have ordered one of the units Neil recommended. Should be here on Monday.
Took 4 hours for me to switch the machine on this afternoon - something needs to be done.

Many thanks to one and all who have helped me on this.
Special thanks to
@Harlequin565 who made a generous offer to do the mechanicing. Thank you, even though you were superceded by events. It was a nice gesture.
@neil_g for your knowledgeable advice and suggestions. I have one of the units you suggested above.
@Mr Perceptive for doing the work in swapping my PSU. Thought I could have done it myself, but those split connectors would have stumped me. I hope you have survived a meeting with Mrs SWMBO. She was on good behavious today!

As you may guess the problem seems to be solved. We (NOT the Royal We) swapped PSU today, and the difference was instantaneous. Machine is now whizzing about doing everything I expect it to. The problem seems to be solved - fingers crossed.

Once again, a big thank you to everybody.

Cost me a new PSU.
Cost SWMBO a meal of pasta, salmon and garlic bread. Lashing of tea coffee and Tesco Select crunchy biscuits. Plus a decent bottle of wine as a thank you.
Edit...I forgot the Mississippi Mud Pie for pudding!

Well worth it.

Last edited:
Really glad you got it sorted. Relatively cheap fixes are a blessing! Not so glad I missed out on those goodies... :(

Lucky Mr P :sulk:

Back