do these work?

Name
stevie.
Edit My Images
Yes
No idea what i was trying to achieve from the razor strop fungus other than to practice close up's....:wacky:

Tried to include dof and composition, but not happy with it now i've seen it on pc.

Raw00070.jpg

Raw00071.jpg

Raw00067.jpg

Hmm - none of them really draw the eye. They don't look very sharp to me - the slow shutter speed might contribute to this - was camera on a tripod? The second could work if it was a little sharper & perhaps a boost in saturation,

HTH

Phil

no, there wasn't a tripod everything is always hand held, odd how it's easy to stabilise and hold firm with a rifle quadruple the weight of camera yet a tiny dslr causes shake.
I do intend to buy a tripod at the weekend, well Saturday as i'll be doing a spot of hillwalking on Sunday.

they work but they're pretty boring to be honest, just bits of wood! sorry to be so cruel!

Use ** imagination, i'm sure you can find something a bit more interesting (y)

no, there wasn't a tripod everything is always hand held, odd how it's easy to stabilise and hold firm with a rifle quadruple the weight of camera yet a tiny dslr causes shake.
I do intend to buy a tripod at the weekend, well Saturday as i'll be doing a spot of hillwalking on Sunday.

That's why they are blurred then - far to slow on shutter speed to handhold. Use a flash, tripod or higher shutter speed (which will need more light / higher ISO and or wider aperture).

Phil

Nice attempts but each suffers (for me anyway) in the 'what am I looking at' syndrome. Its not 100% clear what the subject is.

Of the 3 #3 is the best with the echoed crosses made by the branches! A bit of a boost on contrast and saturation might also help.

Hope thats not too negative :)

I'd take the camera out of Aperture priority and put it into full manual mode and shoot around 1/200 - 1/250 to help get rid of the shake

I a word :thumbsdown:

The last one has potential, but they are all a bit soft to me

Back