Do we have any nitro r/c car owners amongst us?

Name
Glyn
Edit My Images
No
I have recently bit the bullet & got myself a nitro powered car, I have had electric in the past but all the charging for a couple of minutes fun made me sell them. This nitro is the dogs danglies! I have run the enginge in & now have had some good fun up the local park with it.:D

Used to have the following nitro R/C's

Kyosho Pureten alpha (2 speed)
HPI Nitro RS4 SS (2 speed)
Hobao Pirate 10 Monster truck
Schumacher Rascal
Hobao Hyper 7

Its yet another hobby that requires deep pockets but also a very satisfying one at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take some Nitric acid, some glycerine and (IIRC) a little Sulphuric acid, Stir with a glass rod VERY carefully...

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, MR NOBEL'S GHOST WOULDN'T BE HAPPY!

Used to, cost too much though. Found the brushless ones more useable but at the end of the day nothing compares to internal combustion :D

I am a Nitro and Leccy lover, lean slightly toward Leccy as I just love building them and hopping them up to the nines, my current Mini set up blows anything else I have ever uprated, it just flys..

when I just want to drive about for fun its nitro all the way, have messed around with various upgrades to match the leccy but it can't..

you wanna get serious then try a petrol model and see how a 28cc engine handles, its beautiful but way too expensive to keep up.

Started with Nitro, got a petrol and an electric, sold both the nitro and petrol. Electric is faster and easier. People that moan about batteries are doing it wrong, i can charge my spare set faster than i can use the others so there is never any down time.

Nitro was too tempramental especially with regards to weather.
Petrol was good but too big and noisy for using in smaller areas, plus it barely fit in my car.
Elecetric is miles faster and more powerful i can set mine up to do back flips at 60mph if i so choose, current car is a Traxxas mini erevo with a tenbol conversion and a 540 motor running 4s.

Last edited:
Used to have a LST2 Nitro Monster truck but got rid of it a couple of years ago.

Gone back to things that are meant to fly but hard to keep there. I have orderd a couple of electric helicopters and a flight sim. One is a mid size outdoor helo, the other a indoor one, both CCPM one flybared one not for those interested.

I have a HPI Rush 2 Evo but have managed to recently kill the clutch mechanism on it so it's sitting in the shed till I can decide to fix it or not.

Back