Do Yongnuo flashes still have quality issues?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking at getting an external flash for my Nikon D7000. I am wanting iTTL and I am currently looking at the 565EX or maybe the 568EX for the HSS but having read that Yongnuo flashes have had quality/reliability issues in the past I am a little dubious.
So does anyone know if the previous issues now been resolved in these latest flash units or are they still a bit hit and miss?

I have 4 of them and they are excellent. Only problem I have with one of them which I dropped from 10 feet onto concrete but still works, even though the rear screen broke.

not quite as posh as the 565's, but the quality of the 560's is certainly a barn door better than when the mki's came out. Got 3 of them and can't beat the Yongies for the price.

I've a 560 II and a 568 as well as four 622 triggers for the best part of a year now, no issues at all.

I have 4 Yongnou 560II's and I used a Yongnuo 565EX all through this years macro season without any issues at all... I love em!

Just a single 560-II, but it's worked without fault for the 9 months I've had it - great bit of kit for the price, build quality appears good.

They are good enough and cheap enough to not merit fixing if and when they go wrong, unlike a canon which makes you want to look after it, take a pride and get that special feeling about the good kit you enjoy using and winning urine emission contests with;).

I've just bought a 565EX but it's too early to comment. My 467 stops working after a few (3 or 4) pictures when mounted on camera (I have to switch it off & on again) but doesn't off camera!!!
Other than that they are great for the price.

Got my old YN460 out today and found out it no longer works as a slave in either S1 or S2 I don't know if it woks on the camera or not because its for the Sony hot shoe mount and I now only have Canon and Nikon cameras, no idea what could be wrong as it has always worked in the past.

after the shock of the price has been forgotten you still have the quality of nikon :clap:

Well I cant disagree with that, if I send you my Mrs mobile phone number could you see if you can put an argument forward that will convince her please?:ty:

are you a man or a mouse ???

anyone for some cheese ha ha ha

Like most equipment, you'll only find complaints if the owner has an axe to grind.

I honestly can't say what they are like, I've never tried one, but they offer good value for money, and it looks as though they have fans here.

Personally, I'd look for a used 550EX. Very reliable, and fairly cheap. They were top of the range just a few years ago.

They're cheap flashes and I have had a few and they have never let me down either the flash or the triggers. Would I have preferred the canon ones, too right, but they are 4x more expensive and sometimes you've gotta go with what you can afford. If you can afford it get the nikon jobbie, if not you'll do just fine with the Yongnuo's.

Steve

I've not tried the flashes but I recently got some of there triggers and today was my first day trying them outside the house. First thing that happened was I dropped the trigger into a stream (forgot to lock it onto the flash). It was fully submerged for about 10 seconds whilst I tried to fish it out. I was gutted but after shacking out the water and leaving to dry for 11 hours, it still works :) I'm pretty impressed with that :)

I've 2 560 mk3s and they're bloody great. Build quality is Canon standards, the flash (bar ETTL which I don't use/trush) beats the Canon one on features, too. Very very highly recommended from my side. Wireless triggers via 602s has been flawless. You can buy 2 flashes like this plus a trigger for about £110 too!

I've a 565, 568 and a sb910. My favourite had to be the 568. It just does what it's supposed to for a great price.

My 565 did break but Yongnuo did eventually repair it. It just took a long time. The 568 just feels better built.

The 910 is the best if you need a flash with commander mode and you are a nikon shooter. Or an external port with HSS. Otherwise I've found there's sod all difference between the 910 and 568. Except the price!

Back