Do you always keep a lens on your camera?

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Do you always keep a lens on your camera so you are ready at any time should a photo opportunity occur?
If so what lens is on it?

Yes I always have the last used on both bodies, normaly my 100 400 on the main and a walk about on the second.

Yep, generally the last lens I was using, or the lens I will probably be using for my next outing (y)

Yeah I always leave a lens on, generally my 17-70 sigma.

yes, and usually my most used ;-)

I have a D2Hs with a 35mm f/2 on most of the time - everything else is sorted job by job.

Yup, always the 17-70mm Sigma - can't fit everything in the bag unless I leave a lens on the camera anyway...

I've usually got my 85mm on, but carry my LX3 everywhere I go when I can't be arsed carrying the big ane.

Yes always have all cameras with a lens on and a memory card in.

You never know how quickly you need to take that shot!

I have to leave one on the camera, or they wont all fit in the bag.

I always leave a lens on. Which one?
Whichever I was using last :D

Sometimes, if I'm really in a 'reset everything and get it ready' mood. I'll put my 24-70 on and leave the camera at Av, f8, auto ISO.

I usuallly leave the 70-200 on, or it won't fit in my bag.

leave the 70-200 + 1.4x extender on

anything i'd need to take a picture of quick 9/10 times will require some reach and don't require the 24-70 in a hurry :)

drew

Yes 17-70 BUT I know it best not to when in your bag less likely to get damage at the joint of lens to body

Ive never considered this either!
Infact I always thought I was doing the right thing by keeping my most used lens (70-200mm) permenantly attached to lessen the wear on the contacts and avoid debris and dust bunnies.

Sigma 17-70 lives on my 30D and my nifty fifty lives on my EOS 300 means I'm good to go anytime and everything fits in my bag.

If I'm just carrying one body in the bag, it's generally got whichever lens I anticipate using next on it. If I'm just out ofr a wander, it'll probably be the 24-70 but if there's a good chance of seeing wildlife at a distance, I'll probably have the 70-300 VR - if I've thought ahead, it'll be on the D70 rather than the D700 as well!

I'll sometimes have the D70 in the bag as well as the D700 but the 2nd body won't have a lens fitted - it doesn't fit the bag properly. I have been known to persuade my wife to carry the 2nd body (with lens fitted) so I have a selection of focal lengths available quickly and I don't look like a Japanese tourist with 2 bodies around my neck!

When the bodies are in the cupboard, they'll normally be lensless although I do sometimes keep them lensed up if there's a possibility of them being wanted "ready for action" at a moment's notice (not a common occurance since they are film bodies and don't get used so much now i have a FF DSLR).

I know it best not to when in your bag less likely to get damage at the joint of lens to body

Is this realy a problem? I suppose theres a risk of damage to longer lenses or plastic mounts like the cheap nifty, if the bag is dropped or squashed, but since (the collective) we try to be carefull with the kit bag, surely theres a higher chance of damage from repeatedly removing/fitting lenses for storage and transportation :thinking:

For me, if the body and last lens used fits in the bag, it stays fitted.

I usuallly leave the 70-200 on, or it won't fit in my bag.

Yup, when packed away thats how mine sits and everything else packed around it.

Yep - and like a few on here the Sigma 17-70.

Sigma 70-200 f2.8 on my a700:D its always attached now, sometimes with 1.4x convertor:LOL:

Yes, the 24-105L as it is the easiest way to pack the bag:)

Am I the only one who finds it rather odd that someone would consider leaving the camera without a lens attached? :shrug:

For me, whatever was last on the camera stays on. And I rarely put it away TBH, it just lives on the side near the computer, and only gets packed in a bag when I am off out.

Yes
Always my 17-55 f2.8 is with lens hood on.
I leave it flat in my shoulder bag with the grip upwards for instant action

Back