Do you develop your own film

Do you develop film?

• Yes

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes I do - only in black & white however, as this is all I shoot with now.

Yes, B&W is easy to do and probably quite expensive to have done professionally. Haven't processed C41 for many years but tempted to have another go. Bit worried about the quality of blix, plus the printing ink costs to make enprints is probably as great as having P&P, but still fancy having another go.

Yes, but only B&W as well. I can develop colour, but it's a pain in the ass so I'd rather just pay for someone else to do it :LOL:

yep, B&W, C41, E6, X-Process, whatever - I'm too impatient to send stuff away for Pro. processing - i'd sooner soup it myself :)

Yeah - BW, C41 and cross-processing too, though the latter two much less than the first!

I have done a few. But since I cant do printing; its back to scanning. Didn't like faffing about with a scanner; plus the money for buying a good scanner is better spent on a lens.

The chemicals still sit on the shelf, slowly getting destroyed.

B&W only, until hopefully I can sneak myself into the colour darkrooms at uni this year. Fingers crossed on Monday I'll have time in between talks/scheduled stuff to go some B&W printing for the first time in months!

Cant post it, royal mail will not accept it.

If you are willing to collect, Arthur, i'll treat you to a real Indian dinner:D

I wish - liquids then rather than powder? DHL should take it if the bottles are sealed as new but no matter, I'd have to do more developing (and use all my lurvely cameras :eek: ) to make it worthwhile!

they are liquid; and the bottles are opened. I am told that no courier will accept that due to chemical hazards.

The dinner offer stands

Yes... note she's the *ex* first wife :LOL:

Yes... note she's the *ex* first wife :LOL:

Well isn't saying ,ex, first wife a tautology, particularly in UK.

If its you first wife, clearly you have a second or more. If there is a second wife, the first one has to be 'ex'.

So while saying 'second wife' a clarification might be needed as to the current marital status, once you say first wife; it automatically means 'ex' first wife.

( Obviously if you could marry more than once concurrently, the argument will not hold)

:D:D:D:D

Not necessarily... I could still be on the first one and be planning a second... though if that was so and the first one found out there would certainly be a bit less of me :D

Not necessarily... I could still be on the first one and be planning a second... D

Not right arthur; you will only refer someone as 'first' wife; if there a 'second' or subsequent.
The planned second - you will call 'possible future wife' :D

but that would imply "first child" is invalid also until the second is born - which it is not.

but that would imply "first child" is invalid also until the second is born - which it is not.

It indeed is. My child = my only child
My first child = my first amongst 2 or more children.

You can still say 'First child' when you have only 1, but that'll be tautology, since saying 'my child' was enough to imply 'my only child, and therefore my first and last child'

P.S : I think we are running the risk of being rusticated with this OT discussion

Last edited:
"Is he your first?"
"Yes, probably the last as well..."

Does not mean there will be more, not even implied is it? But it could be... which means that talking of an only child as a first child is valid - ergo a first wife, while still current, is valid also :D

erm I suppose there is a link between developing children and films...well it's all chemicals. :)

Yeah, black and white only though. Would love to try colour but don't have the means.

Yeah, black and white only though. Would love to try colour but don't have the means.

Only difference between Colour and B&W developing is buying the chemicals and some storage bottles, and arranging a sink full of hot water and a thermometer tbh. The tetenal kit is a 3 bath job, Dev, Blix and Stabiliser - not exactly a massive difference from Dev / Stop / Fix for B&W really. Its certainly do-able in a kitchen sink - or - if you want to be fancy, a large insulated coolbox makes a great waterbath for tempering the chemicals - you can fill it with 42c water, drop the chemical bottles in for 10 minutes while you load the spiral, by which time the waters probably nicely at around 39c. Keep lid on, and you may not have to top up the tempering water from he kettle for the whole 15-20 minute process!

Yes and its great fun imo, been doing B&W for about a month now with Xtol and my Tetenal kit came yesterday with 3 rolls of Kodak Ektar. Cant wait to try them out :)

Back