Do you ever get REALLY excited about photographing something?

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I've never got REALLY excited yet, just VERY excited, but not for a building.

The first time I did a nude shoot I thought I'd get REALLY excited, and I got fairly excited just thinking about it TBH, but after the first 5 min I was so concentrated on the photography that that I forgot to look at the stunningly beautiful and fully naked girl in front of the camera lol.

Getting shots of Choughs, Peregrines or other birds of prey gives me a thrill, the closer I get to them the more I feel my heart beating

Stunning first shot, love it. SWMBO agrees aswell which is a great endorsement.

Oh yes especially when its big cat's:)
Awesome shots by the way

That area of Valencia is stunning. I've done some of my best work there, and it was years ago....

Anything that is a "first" for me gets me excited, and weddings, shooting at weddings and trying to get something that will be as good as the paid for tog...

Yes, on Monday I got so excited I forgot my tripod on location, then filled a memory card with passable material. It's taken me till now to finally finish uploading the set!

Good light, good subject matter and a real sense of having gelled with my equipment = very happy day out.

When everything seem to come together the light, the subject,and you cant seem to take your camera from your eye :)

Yep

Take away the passion for the subject and photography (on it's own) is a pretty dull interest.

It's like cooking without a passion for food or an interest in football without a deep love of your team.

Obviously we get the techy bug but thats all twaddle.

PS

Lovely shots

I just have!

My favourite photo location in the world is la Ciutat de les Arts i de les Ciències in Valencia. Stunning place.

Do you ever get excited like that?

what a great building.. can see why you like it, fab photos!

am off to Spain in a couple of weeks, spending 2 days in Barcelona so hoping that brings my photo mojo back - been before but will have a new camera and more time this visit so will see what happens :)

I've never got REALLY excited yet, just VERY excited, but not for a building.

The first time I did a nude shoot I thought I'd get REALLY excited, and I got fairly excited just thinking about it TBH, but after the first 5 min I was so concentrated on the photography that that I forgot to look at the stunningly beautiful and fully naked girl in front of the camera lol.

I am sure you were super profesional!

Getting shots of Choughs, Peregrines or other birds of prey gives me a thrill, the closer I get to them the more I feel my heart beating

Good for you Mike! What's a Chough?

Stunning first shot, love it. SWMBO agrees aswell which is a great endorsement.

Thank you both!

Oh yes especially when its big cat's:)
Awesome shots by the way

Thank you!

That area of Valencia is stunning. I've done some of my best work there, and it was years ago....

Anything that is a "first" for me gets me excited, and weddings, shooting at weddings and trying to get something that will be as good as the paid for tog...

Would love to see your shots of the place :)

I would be really excited about those shots Ricardo - top job!

Thank you Andy!

Yes, on Monday I got so excited I forgot my tripod on location, then filled a memory card with passable material. It's taken me till now to finally finish uploading the set!

Good light, good subject matter and a real sense of having gelled with my equipment = very happy day out.

Excellent stuff!

When everything seem to come together the light, the subject,and you cant seem to take your camera from your eye :)

Agree 100%!

Yep

Take away the passion for the subject and photography (on it's own) is a pretty dull interest.

It's like cooking without a passion for food or an interest in football without a deep love of your team.

Obviously we get the techy bug but thats all twaddle.

PS

Lovely shots

Thank you!

Superb images again Richard. They just get better and better mate! (y)

Andy

Thank you Andy!

what a great building.. can see why you like it, fab photos!

am off to Spain in a couple of weeks, spending 2 days in Barcelona so hoping that brings my photo mojo back - been before but will have a new camera and more time this visit so will see what happens :)

Hi Mich! What you see above it just part of the complex. The whole site is just amazing. Especially at night.
It's all very political here at the moment, and there are millions of people that would say that you're not going to Spain, but to Catalunya. The separatists have been out in force this week. It's my least favourite big city out here, but I am sure you'll have a lovely time. If you have a wide lens on your camera go to La Sagrada Familia. It's stunning inside. Also Caso Batlló is worth a visit.

Whenever I get a cool location for some night time photography I always get really excited...and when I a shot that I know is perfect just from looking at the back of the camera I get über excited :eek: :woot:

I'll show what I love later when Flickr is back online

Whenever I get a cool location for some night time photography I always get really excited...and when I a shot that I know is perfect just from looking at the back of the camera I get über excited :eek: :woot:

I'll show what I love later when Flickr is back online

Please do! (y)

Hi Mich! What you see above it just part of the complex. The whole site is just amazing. Especially at night.
It's all very political here at the moment, and there are millions of people that would say that you're not going to Spain, but to Catalunya. The separatists have been out in force this week. It's my least favourite big city out here, but I am sure you'll have a lovely time. If you have a wide lens on your camera go to La Sagrada Familia. It's stunning inside. Also Caso Batlló is worth a visit.

will definitely be going inside la sagrada familia this time, was thinking la pedrera too perhaps, will see how it goes time wise.. just sold my beloved sigma 10-20 but do have a wide angle lens for new one that will have to do :) not usually a fan of busy cities, far too many people for my liking but as we will be based in salou it has to be done.. will have a mooch around tarragona and cambrils too (y)

Good for you Mike! What's a Chough? [/QUOTE said:
A Chough is one of those black Crow like birds with red beaks and legs , with quite a unique call which are fighting to make a comeback in my part of Cornwall.

There are pics of some in my Flickr link

You post some great stuff Richard, often see it pop up on Flickr...anyway that's enough of the love in, back to the question :LOL:
For me a visit to the Sea with the camera gets the blood flowing, though I can't say I've ever got a shot that I'm extremely happy with, often find that taking photos of something different is very enjoyable, popped to "outside" Duxford last Saturday and enjoyed it so much went back Sunday, pretty pleased with what I took and managed 4 on explore this week, which I know isn't seen as being a photographic genius, for a real amateur like me it gives a nice boost.

When I do a macro stack I get excited, hoping I hit all the focus plains I wanted, was the lighting right, pose etc. and then sit back watching them slowly merge together to the end result. It can be disappointing when it goes wrong but if you get it right I just love it.

Would love to see your shots of the place :)

Ricardo, I've uploaded some here. This set was taken back in 2005 when I went to Valencia for a Moto GP. They were shot on my old Olympus C2020Z bridge camera, and I was so pleased with them I went out and bought a DSLR. It all went downhill from there !! :LOL:

Quite Simply... Always my camera time at the moment is limited but if i have a day planned or i see something i think will work then... oh yay!:D

A Chough is one of those black Crow like birds with red beaks and legs , with quite a unique call which are fighting to make a comeback in my part of Cornwall.

There are pics of some in my Flickr link

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have a loom (y)

You post some great stuff Richard, often see it pop up on Flickr...anyway that's enough of the love in, back to the question :LOL:
For me a visit to the Sea with the camera gets the blood flowing, though I can't say I've ever got a shot that I'm extremely happy with, often find that taking photos of something different is very enjoyable, popped to "outside" Duxford last Saturday and enjoyed it so much went back Sunday, pretty pleased with what I took and managed 4 on explore this week, which I know isn't seen as being a photographic genius, for a real amateur like me it gives a nice boost.

Congrats on the Explores! 4 in a week is a good run. (y)

When I do a macro stack I get excited, hoping I hit all the focus plains I wanted, was the lighting right, pose etc. and then sit back watching them slowly merge together to the end result. It can be disappointing when it goes wrong but if you get it right I just love it.

I wouldn't know where to start with that kind of stuff. Kudos to you :)

Ricardo, I've uploaded some here. This set was taken back in 2005 when I went to Valencia for a Moto GP. They were shot on my old Olympus C2020Z bridge camera, and I was so pleased with them I went out and bought a DSLR. It all went downhill from there !! :LOL:

Haha, nice place eh!

Quite Simply... Always my camera time at the moment is limited but if i have a day planned or i see something i think will work then... oh yay!:D

Excellent!

Well I don't know about really excited but I definitely get excited. I love scouting out locations, planning a shot, setting up and waiting for the light or conditions to develop.

Well I did say once flickr was back up I'd post a few of what gets me really excited :D

Stuff like this really gets my juices flowing :D

Sparks Flying by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Firing up the Kiln by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I do love my wire wool, it's just so much fun to do :D and no one spin will ever be the same :D

I really cannot help but get excited by my first love which was and is light trails :D

66/366 (431) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

especially when I get something really special like my ghost tram in Blackpool...I saw the opportunity and just had to do it :D

295/366 (660) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I love love love my fireworks and this is one of my all time favorite photos

308/366 (673) (Explored) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

but I'm not just about the night time :D I do like to get out in the day time too :D

Joy of Steam by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Yep, I get excited when I shoot my conceptual stuff. As its story telling for me and I get to express my feelings and thoughts without actually having to say anything. :)

I get excited at every opportunity I get to use my camera. :)

I did get excited when shooting the very same location recently Ricardo, thanks for the tips ;) but I do know the park has been done to death by so many togs that originality was a concern for me but wow what a place and I was lucky to get perfect reflections which also made me happy! I get more excited when a spectacular sunset unfolds and I'm in the right place at the right time due to careful planning of tide times and weather forecasts etc!

Last edited:
I did get excited when shooting the very same location recently Ricardo, thanks for the tips ;) but I do know the park has been done to death by so many togs that originality was a concern for me but wow what a place and I was lucky to get perfect reflections which also made me happy! I get more excited when a spectacular sunset unfolds and I'm in the right place at the right time due to careful planning of tide times and weather forecasts etc!

Awesome! It makes such a difference when the water is still! Can't wait to see your shots. Glad you had a good time.

I'm off on holiday in a few weeks, and for me (don't tell Mrs Pooley!) a major part of the reason for choosing the location is I get to photograph Manta Rays underwater. I've shot them twice before but didn't have the right equipment - this time I'm fully primed with a fisheye and seriously giddy about the prospect - anyone want to lay any odds on them not turning up now??

The sign of a good photographer is being able to channel the excitement that they feel into taking a picture which works.

The presence of too much emotion of any kind can be a positive disadvantage when it comes to the logical processes needed to get the correct focus, exposure and composition...

I too get excited almost every time I go out on a shoot, some shoots more than others, but I wouldn't do it if it stopped giving me a buzz. Seeing an image I'm happy with on the rear screen gives me as much of a buzz as seeing a print appearing in the developing dish all those years ago in primary school.

I get excited every time I plug the memory card into the computer. Unfortunately that excitement is usually promptly followed by disappointment:D

Back