chris
Edit My Images
Yes
who goes fishing,what type of fishing do you do, whats your best -fav-fish

Last edited:
no contest
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

No ..............hate these pics of fish in distress.............catch em and kill for the table or dont hurt them for sport/pleasure

no contest

Pah!
Call that a fish?
I use bigger bait than that :D

Seriously? I'm not a specimen hunter, I just like get out there and relax,
And see what "blunders by"

I'm not adverse to a little sea fishing either when the opportunity presents itself.
So I guess my "bestest" was a ray, didn't weight it but it was a good meter + across the "wings"

Had a few large pike in my younger days too.

(and yes Pete, it tasted wonderful (y) )

No ..............hate these pics of fish in distress.............catch em and kill for the table or dont hurt them for sport/pleasure

simplistic statement
I was fishing for stocked rainbow trout [ for the table]

this wee lad took the dry fly
laid on wet grass - photo- gently returned - no damage

no contest

Lordy John, I have an 83 Scottie split cane, hasn`t seen the light of day for years.Used to make all my own flies as well.

No inclination to fish again.

nice fish and pic,
i havent been much in the last two years, i have corase tackle,
carp setups,just found some old beachcasters an reels, i fancey doing some shore fishing,but need more gear first.

keep posting

???????????????? what makes you think it is alive,

Last edited:
Love fish for tea or supper but hate to see em like this ........sorry

but this post is about fishing..who goes etc, so people may post there pic of there fish,
not being funny but your post wasnt ness,wasnt about wether you like the pic or not
so i ll take it you dont like fishing then, fair do's

Lordy John, I have an 83 Scottie split cane, hasn`t seen the light of day for years.Used to make all my own flies as well.

I take my carbon [in the car] AND the Scottie
when my arm falls off, i go back to get the carbon

but what a sweet action ....:clap:

May be wierd but I like to see fish either swimming free or in the chip shop, I just have a thing about fishing...............but give me a nice cod fillet and.............wierd or what

:wave:
haha - i used to hunt deer in Canada, fish for steelhead, wade marshes for duck and geese

never understood the aversion to hunting - whilst people buy their meat shrink wrapped on a poly tray

haha - off soapbox now...(y)....this is what it's about for me
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Didnt realise you had paddy fielsd up in the wildest scotlandshire John............:LOL:

I like nothing better than getting up early, making a pack lunch and spend the day fishing my favorite river for wild brownies up here in the highlands with my little brook rod and a box of flies tied by own fare hands ,it's the best therapy ever believe me :D

Not been for a while

Used to make my own rods both Coarse and Sea

May get back into it as my lad gets older.

Got to agree with Yardbents picture, that what I liked, the peace.
Sometimes I even put bait on the hook:LOL:

I was thinking John's rod was one of Sharpe's of Aberdeen. They were into using impregnated cane.

My fly rod has been in my loft for 12 years. Don't think I'll use it again.
Great memories of days spent fishing hill lochs though.

Tight lines, John.

I like nothing better than getting up early, making a pack lunch and spend the day fishing my favorite river for wild brownies up here in the highlands with my little brook rod and a box of flies tied by own fare hands ,it's the best therapy ever believe me :D

It does not get better, don`t let anyone tell you otherwise...................(y)

Edit to add........Sometimes I would go fishing on the river and just sit and watch, without casting a fly, I enjoyed those days as much as fishing.

Last edited:
I like nothing better than getting up early, making a pack lunch and spend the day fishing my favorite river for wild brownies

This. Nothing better than fishing the lakes and streams of the Brecon Beacons for wild Browns that fight harder than Rainbows twice/three times their size.

This. Nothing better than fishing the lakes and streams of the Brecon Beacons for wild Browns that fight harder than Rainbows twice/three times their size.

you know what - i lived in Talybont on Usk for 2 years

prob fished the Talybont Reservoir off/on maybe 10 times

I never got a SINGLE brownie......:razz:

Biggest fish does not always make a winner. Depends on the type of fish, time of year and conditions make a winner for me.

:wave:
haha - i used to hunt deer in Canada, fish for steelhead, wade marshes for duck and geese

never understood the aversion to hunting - whilst people buy their meat shrink wrapped on a poly tray

haha - off soapbox now...(y)....this is what it's about for me
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

The idea that every TD&H has access to a gun............Well the mind just Boggles:D:D:D

Have just been introduced to river fishing after 15 years of fishing stocked lakes. There is nothing like it! Out in the wilds with nature at your side.
The only problems is this year is nearly over:( Always next year though!

Have just been introduced to river fishing after 15 years of fishing stocked lakes. There is nothing like it! Out in the wilds with nature at your side.
The only problems is this year is nearly over:( Always next year though!

good to see another convert...winter is used to "tie thay wee flees" as they say up here..:LOL:

I've been wanting to get into fishing for years now but never got round to it - I'm a little too nervous to just head off to a fishing spot and hope someone takes me under their wing! My father used to do sea fishing off the coast of Whitby and I have fond memories of being out on the water with him and his fishing buddy. Can't wait to give it a go!

Love my fishing although it tends to just be once in a blue moon these days.

Growing up in the North West of England I consider myself a course fisherman.

The local Canal - Roach, Perch, Bream being the norm.

Gravel Pits, Lakes - Specimen fishing for Carp or Pike......

Moved to Scotland 17 years ago and to be honest I stopped due to the lack of course fishing near to home and no experience of (posh) fly fishing.

I've dabbled a bit with the fly over the last few years whether it be stocked trout or Salmon on the mighty Tay but it really doesn't hold the same attraction to me.

The cottage up at Loch Sunart has some decent fishing and that's all I do now although the logging pier at Lochaline (the crossing to Mull) is fantastic. Record Skate to be had in 600 feet of water - the only place in the UK where they say you can deep 'sea fish' without a boat.

As for the ethics - I'm happy to take a trout or Salmon - knock it on the head and and take it home for the pot. It's a battle of wits and I'm not going to change the balance even if I do it every day for the rest of my life. The trick here is to be 'seen to be fishing for trout' yet set up for Salmon.

Not really a fan of stocked fly fishing though - I'd sooner pay the fishmonger.

Last edited:
Back