Do you plan you days out?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I noticed that some of you go out and get lots of shots, my question is, do you plan your day around photography or just take your camera in hope of getting some shots?

I'll put a day aside then decide where to go the night before, depending on weather ect. Plus try and take my camera when ever I go out on the off chance something will come up. The handy thing about shift work, days off during the week and time to yourself.

indeed, i went into london yesterday but didnt do any shooting, will definately revisit though as there is so much to get!

I plan my days out, which is a must as most of my photography revolves around wildlife.
I do however pop out unplanned if I hear of a rare subject in the area.

Its a bit of both for me, I have certain areas, things and subjects that I have on my hitlist and as weather and time allows I slowly get to cover them. If I know that I am going to be in a certain area I always try to set aside a small amount of time to look around and get a feel for when I may return with the camera. Like Matt has said, certain trips have to be planned in advance, especially the wildlife stuff (seals at Donna Nook, and Puffins and Terns off the east coast) luckily Matt is great at sorting this stuff out and just gives me a nod when its all arranged :) I just tag along and become his shadow :LOL:

Generally I go from month to month basing my trips on whatever competition theme is on. Sometimes trips are planned, but its been quite a while since that. Its more of a spur of the moment thing now. I usually check on the weather and if its nice I put my thinking hat on and decide where to go.

Usually have the camera with me in the car but normally don't have time to stop if I do see something. Then it's a case of making a mental note of it and going back when I get time.

Back