Do you use screen protectors?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just about to buy some screen protectors for my daughters Nintendo DS, before she gets another scratch in the screen :nono:

From these guys on eBay

Just noticed they also do protectors for the 350D so I'm tempted. Although I'd be better ordering them at the same time to save on postage, so before I decide either way and hit submit...what do you lot reckon? Waste of time protecting my 350's LCD?

no harm in doing it, they dont get in the way :)

i use them on my pda and i'm pleased with the lack of scratches, just make sure you clean the screen well before putting them on.

I actually cut up one of my DS ones (the top screen never gets scratched :D) to use on the 350D - but I couldn't get it on perfect (They stay on by static - you wash them in soapy water, rinse them and let them dry naturally if they get dirty or you want to re-stick them, but they pick up dirt incredibly easily).

Anyway, they are generally good, i still use my bottom-screen DS one.

Leo

i got a screen protector on the camera, on both the kids DS(both screens, lol)my PDA and my phone. i HATE scratches

Nowt for Nikon ... noted !?! :razz:

Just as well I kept the original ... use it permanently on the screen !

I don't use 'em, but I keep thinking I should, and I have some PDA ones I could cut down. :thinking:

U se them on my phone and PDA, to be honest I find the Canon screen to be very resistant to any type of scratching - my main problem is having to clean greasy smudges from where my face touches it:(

I use one which incorporates a flap sunscreen, £5 off Ebay. Only just got it but so far I'm impressed.

regards

I just use the removable plastic shield on mine - tied on with string. Though even that didn't save one from being blown off by the prop-wash from a C130 Hercules as I was standing in the doorway doing some aerial shots of Malawi...

£25 for a new one from Nikon, so I just nicked a couple out of a box in the service dept last time I was there...

ive got screen protection on my camera, and both my flash guns. i did have helicopter tape on the front of my ipod (because the speed at which these things scratch is criminal compared to the price tag) but it reduced the responsiveness of the already crap scroll wheel and this annoyed my little sister so much she pealed it off, and then scratched it for me....

and as to whether its worth fitting or not? well naturally its going to degrade the image but lets face it your either protecting a highly compressed Jpeg on a small screen or viewing LCD text through it, its not really going to matter, a few scratches will probably damage your viewing pleasure (?) further... jessops sell them for about £4 for a pack of 4, which you cut to size and stick on. although i can steal offcuts of chopper tape from work which is more protective but degrades the image quality further (it costs like £100 for a 3inch wide roll!)

I have the supplied plastic ones on a Nikon D2Hs but nothing on a Canon 1DMKII

The only thing with scratch protection in my possesion is my laptop.

my pda,phone and camera are all free from scratches without the help of plastic bits

digitalfailure said:
The only thing with scratch protection in my possesion is my laptop.

my pda,phone and camera are all free from scratches without the help of plastic bits

And the one you protect is the one you can close :D...lol

well Dell went to such trouble to make it look nice, not a single air bubble in the film.

It'd be a shame to change it :D

Actually a screen protector sounds like a brilliant idea, I already have a few tiny scratches on my display. Looks like i'll be buying a few.

Protect the screen! If the screen ends up looking anything like the plastic protector that came with my nikon tehn you need to! Needless to say, that one went in the bin and I have a shiny new one now that you can actually see through!

Arkady said:
£25 for a new one from Nikon, so I just nicked a couple out of a box in the service dept last time I was there...
Fancy visiting Canon, mines a mess :(

I got my 350D protectors - you use washing up liquid to apply them!

I've got 7 left :D

Back