Doberman

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
Yes
DSC_0278-2.jpg

I took this the other day, it was very cloudy and quite dark so the lighting isnt great.
Any feedback appreciated
Cheers Ed.

Sorry Ed,

It looks like you have put no thought into this shot at all. Standing and looking down at your dog while taking a shot is hardly that hard to do.

Animals more often than not look a lot better snapped from their eye level or there abouts. Backgrounds need to be kept clear or a nice oof look if possible.

You have a good looking dog there. Keep taking lots of shots .. (y)

It does look like a snapshot but on the plus side you've exposed it well and the dog seems to be quite photogenic !!

Getting down low and finding some nice angles will help you loads I think :)

To be honest this was a bit of a snapshot, I have others at eye level and different angles. I'm still learning what makes a good photo, what looks good and what doesn't etc. I liked this one at first, I now see it looks rather basic with the 'looking down' angle.
Thanks for the advice guys.

I dont dislike this, and I am not one to cast too muct critism because I do not do animal pics as a rule.

But I tend to agree, you might have to get down to the animals level. I would have also removed the colar, it tended to pull my view away from the dogs beautiful face.

An opionin maybe on normal portrait work is not to go full frontal with a human face as it looks like a mug shot...... This may apply to animals as well ???? dunno !!

Beautiful Animal though.

Last edited:
DSC_0207-1.jpg

Ok, here is another i took. Again feedback appreciated.
Cheers Ed.

Gorgeous dog, what's she called :)? You seem to be getting your focusing right anyway! You're lucky you have a dog that will stand still long enough to have its photo taken :p!

Thankyou, her name is tilly, she also has a brother, they are my girlfriends dogs. Wasnt really happy with the photos I took, they were not coming out sharp. I will keep practising, and hopefully get some good photos of them one day!

Thanks Charlotte. (she is a little overweight)
This is her brother, he kinda looks a bit sad..

DSC_0250.jpg

beautiful dobie, not long lost mine :-( so loving and a fantastic family dog.
When I got my camera out she would pose like mad!!!
great second pic.

Back