Documents and data on iPhone

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this has been covered before but my wife has an iPhone 8 128gb and its showing 90 ish gb's of apps in iphone storage.
However shes only got a few apps on the phone , a handful of photos and not much else
She has been taking some long videos for on-line fitness classes but always deletes the videos after backing up onto PC
Its as if all the videos are still on the phone but not showing up anywhere?
Any help would be much appreciated

If you go setting/general/iPhone storage and tap on “show all” to the right of recommendations, That will reveal an option to view large attachment. Which tends to be the culprit on my phone.

Don't seem to have that option ! I have seen it before but seems to have gone/moved - maybe latest update moved it ?

Don't seem to have that option ! I have seen it before but seems to have gone/moved - maybe latest update moved it ?

That would depend on which version of iOS is on her iPhone 8.

But generally you should open Settings --> General --> iPhone Storage

When it shows a bar showing you coloured sections, each coloured section is a type of data, like apps, messages, photos, videos, etc.,

Below that would be some of the Recommendations which would show you how much data you could offload by uninstalling apps, deleting something, etc.,

Scroll down, and keep scrolling down...

Under those recommendations, you would have a list of all the apps and how much storage space they take up, it always shows the order of file sizes.

Tap on any one of those to have a look at what other sizes they're taking up, usually showing something like...

• App Size
  • Documents & Data

That would how you how much storage space the app it self is taking up, followed by how much data you created is using up the space.

Some apps 'delete' a file by moving it to the apps Trash, therefore it doesn't free up space ... I get this when saving files to Goodreader. Might be another area to check.

You can also swipe down on the settings front page to reveal a search field, and then type “storage” in there which should reveal it.

Back