Dodge & Burn & others tools not working

Edit My Images
No
Ive a new computer and PS loaded (default settings) and currently working on an image in Photoshop (CC). I dodge & burn using a 50% grey overlay layer but its not working? Ive checked the bar at the top and its Normal as it should be. So I then discovered that my dodge & burn tools arent working either? Then I thought Id test out other tools.....clone not working. Patch & spot is working.

Anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it please?

Not a PS CC user but just wonder what the CC licensing is as you say installation on new PC?

Reason I ask ~ if it was working okay on your old PC, is it that you have exceeded the allowed number of licences.....so it is defaulting to a low functional state???

mmmm.....pretty sure when I downloaded onto new PC I had to log out of CC on another device my laptop but I'll double check. Could be something to do with it.....

i have ps cc on my MacBook 15inch also on my 21inch I mac and both work fine

Dont think it is that, you can download on multiples devices but only sign in and use 2. When using a 3rd device you have to sign out of one before you can use it.

Its working now...want to know what I did? Saved the image then closed it. Opened up a different image and tried the clone/brush tools - working. Closed that and re-opened original image working fine. Makes no sense hey ho it worked though.

When using the dodge and burn tools, were you actually working on the base layer ? As If you'd used say a smart sharpen or some other filter this would sit above the base layer the tools you then select would only affect that layer :) you ned to select the base layer to use tools on that layer - so saving your image as jpg adds all the layers together, so whn you open that image again, hey presto the tools work

I hope I explained this so you understand? :) :)

Les

Its working now...want to know what I did? Saved the image then closed it. Opened up a different image and tried the clone/brush tools - working. Closed that and re-opened original image working fine. Makes no sense hey ho it worked though.
The same happened to me recently apart one of the recent software updates Adobe came with. In my case, the brush wouldn't work wehn trying to apply High Pass filter. As with you, turn PS off and on and try again and it was working...

When using the dodge and burn tools, were you actually working on the base layer ? As If you'd used say a smart sharpen or some other filter this would sit above the base layer the tools you then select would only affect that layer :) you ned to select the base layer to use tools on that layer - so saving your image as jpg adds all the layers together, so whn you open that image again, hey presto the tools work

I hope I explained this so you understand? :) :)

Les

Thanks Les but it wasnt that.

Back