Does a Sigma 300 f2.8 work with a Canon extender?

Edit My Images
Yes
Shall be ordering 400mm f2.8 (supply issues) or a 500mm havent yet decided in a couple of months (once i have had a chance to test the 2.8), However in the mean time can get hold of a Sigma 300mm f2.8 to use for weekend on test, but id be using it at 600mm, but will the Sigma work with Canon 2 times convertor? not talking just about fitment but mean AF metering etc? Anyone tried, or will i need to hire a 2x Sigma.

Hi, yeah i know the Sigma works with the Sigma convertors, but the canon has weather sealling gasket, which i am not sure prevents it fitting the Sigma lens, Canon dont list if any non Canon lenses fit there extenders, depends how far the rear elements are to the back of the lens.

Hi,

have a look HERE as it has loads of info about TC's and various lens' so the Siggy 300mm might be in there somewhere.

I Found this half way down Post#2 of that thread .........not sure if it means Mark I or II TC.

Canon T-CON With SIGMA Lens Compatibility (a work in progress)

Below are the SIGMA lenses that we know FIRST HAND work with Canon TC's
Please add your info and any proof you might have (photos of it assembled would be nice, but we will tend to trust you too )

EX lens Compatibility w/ Canon T-Con 30D/5D/350D* ---------- 1D series*

- Compatible lenses - - ----------------------1.4X-- 2X ------ 1.4X --2X
APO 300mm F2.8 EX HSM --------------------AF --- AF ------- AF ---AF

Hope it help, but I would have a good read as it also mentions that the MArk II 'might' not fit the Sigma 300 F2.8 as it is slightly different in size to the Mark I.

Mike.

Oh thanks very much mate, seems like it does work from another poster in that thread claiming to have used the mk2 versions that i have. Turns out ill be able to get my hands on the Sigma a tad longer, shall be trying it at the DTM's where 300mm will be more then enough, so can see if works or not, if not i can try and get hold of another tc.

Back