Does anyone have the 5d and 35mm 1.4L?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a new lens for indoor portraits and because I prefer primes I am thinking about the 35mm 1.4L or possibly the 24mm 1.4 but I think that the later would be too wide. Does anyone have it on the full frame? I would love to see some examples!

Not for portraits...even the 50mm prime is too wide on FF unless whacky and distorted portraits are your thing.

Have you considered the 85 f/1.8?

What about the 135 f2:love:

I'm looking for a new lens for indoor portraits and because I prefer primes I am thinking about the 35mm 1.4L or possibly the 24mm 1.4 but I think that the later would be too wide. Does anyone have it on the full frame? I would love to see some examples!

I assume that you mean full-body portraits, rather than simply head shots. The 24 would be too wide for me, whereas many people seem to be happy with the 35. Have you got a zoom lens that covers these focal lengths? If so, you could try them first-hand.

I hired one for a wedding and it's lovely. :love: It's quite wide for shooting people but lovely for shooting people in context. Lets in lots of light and is as smooth as silk.

Try your zoom at 35mm and see what people look like.

If you don't mind to use manual focus, you may want to consider a Leica Summicron 35mm f/2.0 (E55). It's much sharper than the Canon L in the corners, using a full-frame body. I also prefer the bokeh and the colours it produces. You can get one in good condition, for something around 400GBP, which is a bargain for such an amazing lens.

My main focus is child photography and although I have the 85mm 1.8 which I love, it is a too tight for indoors.

The Leica Summicron sounds an interesting option although I don't know whether manual focus with kids is going to make things hard work!

Back