Does anyone know how to make this photo?

I don't think you should be posting this pic, only a link to it.

I did not say the photo was mine as I mentioned "Michael Langan"

which is WHY you shouldn't attach an actual picture, just a link to the original... if you'd have linked to the original video, that'd have been fine... or to a published still from the film. But to simply attach what could be a screen cap or frame grab from the video is not acceptable. I've removed the attachment - I'd suggest you fix the original post in accordance with my directions above, or ask for the thread to be removed.

Last edited:
which is WHY you shouldn't attach an actual picture, just a link to the original... if you'd have linked to the original video, that'd have been fine... or to a published still from the film. But to simply attach what could be a screen cap or frame grab from the video is not acceptable. I've removed the attachment - I'd suggest you fix the original post in accordance with my directions above, or ask for the thread to be removed.
The link did not work and see what I got .............

Last edited:
I've tidied up your original post, and the embedded link is okay - anyone who wants to help can follow the google search and see a selection of images.

FWIW, Richard already gave you the answer - I think you should go research it further - you don't expect us to to all your homework for you, do you ??

I've tidied up your original post, and the embedded link is okay - anyone who wants to help can follow the google search and see a selection of images.

FWIW, Richard already gave you the answer - I think you should go research it further - you don't expect us to to all your homework for you, do you ??

Rochard = HoppyUK? I've looked at it Strobe Flash, that's started. The real homework is to MAKE the photo - not the information.

Haha
When searching ‘strobe flash’ you can probably ignore any US links, the daft yanks call ‘mains flash’ or ‘studio flash’ strobes.

Richard was completely correct; strobe flash (you’ll find the setting on most decent speedlights) but it’s a trial and error affair. You can mimic it manually with a dark room and a bulb exposure and very good control of your timing

Haha
When searching ‘strobe flash’ you can probably ignore any US links, the daft yanks call ‘mains flash’ or ‘studio flash’ strobes.

Richard was completely correct; strobe flash (you’ll find the setting on most decent speedlights) but it’s a trial and error affair. You can mimic it manually with a dark room and a bulb exposure and very good control of your timing

My college has a Black Studio as well as Infinity Curve white studio. Will 1 strobe flash be enough or should I need 2 - one in each side for better results I assume. Low ISO I assume - 100?

My college has a Black Studio as well as Infinity Curve white studio. Will 1 strobe flash be enough or should I need 2 - one in each side for better results I assume. Low ISO I assume - 100?

This is the other half of your homework.

How many lights do you see?

The art of recreating a photo is to learn to see the lightsources, if you can see the light, you can recreate it.

Back