*Does anyone like these pic's? *

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I've been having trouble taking decent pic's of male's, i find it easier taking pic's of females. I notice that you'll always find loads of picks of female's and not too many in comparison of males.

This is a area that i decided to work on and here are the results.

As always the PP and crops will not be to every one's taste, but im hoping that some one out there will like one or help me improve.

8320826865_cf01915c7c_b.jpg

8321885816_124518d8ee_b.jpg

8320812931_2362076566_b.jpg

8321926474_e3bde7a055_b.jpg

8320755515_c2bbf90c50_b.jpg

8320815049_9c9f6a7399_b.jpg

2 4 5 6 for me! i love shots that have emotion in them.(y)

Last edited:
They are Fine fella- as you say the crops are not to everyones taste
I for one like them

the last one is the better shot for me- I would sharpen it a little and maybe up the contast a tad -the bokeh on the lights are superb

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Luga said:
Hi

I've been having trouble taking decent pic's of male's, i find it easier taking pic's of females. I notice that you'll always find loads of picks of female's and not too many in comparison of males.

This is a area that i decided to work on and here are the results.

As always the PP and crops will not be to every one's taste, but im hoping that some one out there will like one or help me improve.

1 & 2 are really nice. Nice natural expression and processing. The next two look less natural, though are perfectly ok photos. Really not a fan of the last. It's just a bit 'forced'. He doesn't fit the feeling or mood of the shot. Hope that helps as I'm well off where you are in terms of skill level.

The first shot is nicely lit and like with No3, colour works well with that lighting setup. I'm never quite sure whether I like smiles in portraits....

The second shot is a bit boring TBH - he looks like he's got brain freeze or a migraine.

No4 is okay but the 'chin on fist' doesn't work for me and there's too much of the same (grey) tone throughout the shot, making it a bit flat.

I like No5 for the perception on shallow DoF, exaggerated by the bokeh from the lights in the background. The processing isn't quite my cup of tea but it's a nice shot nonetheless and of the six shots displayed, is the one that stands out the most. Doesn't need the praying hands though....

Not a fan of the last shot - the lighting is a bit heavy-handed and doesn't work with the processing. I also don't like that layout... looks a bit naff IMO.

To be fair, they're not bad efforts at all. I think it's getting the facial expression right and to be honest, not all faces are interesting..... this guy doesn't pull off moody or contemplative very well.

I like No6 , I think this would work with a teenage male model, with a more urban feel to it, if you get what I mean?

Matt

1 and 5 for me, the rest just don't have enough natural feeling,, a bit too much fake smiles etc but the pics are decent enough, just what they are conveying is questionable

2 4 5 6 for me! i love shots that have emotion in them.(y)

I'm so glad you have seen something in these shots.
:ty:

They are Fine fella- as you say the crops are not to everyones taste
I for one like them

the last one is the better shot for me- I would sharpen it a little and maybe up the contast a tad -the bokeh on the lights are superb

Les (y)

The crops always cause divided opinions, i really love crops so i'll always try and put it in whenever poss. :LOL:

The last 2 would work better if i didnt post the other 4 becos it already gives you an idea of what the person is like and i think it influences you opinion when looking at them.:thinking:

Thanks for your input and taking the time to go through the pic's to give your opinion its much appreciated.

(y)

Hoods up don't work, he's not got the tough enough look.

Thanks for putting in your opinion, as i said before, "The last 2 would work better if i didnt post the other 4 becos it already gives you an idea of what the person is like and i think it influences you opinion when looking at them. " :thinking:

Loving the pictures mate, they seem to be gritty :)

Riz

1 & 2 are really nice. Nice natural expression and processing. The next two look less natural, though are perfectly ok photos. Really not a fan of the last. It's just a bit 'forced'. He doesn't fit the feeling or mood of the shot. Hope that helps as I'm well off where you are in terms of skill level.

I'm still a noob in the photography area, trying to pose the subject in a positive way is something I'm trying to work at. I find it even harder to do with a male subject so that it comes across in a masculine way. I appreciate your feedback.

The first shot is nicely lit and like with No3, colour works well with that lighting setup. I'm never quite sure whether I like smiles in portraits....

The second shot is a bit boring TBH - he looks like he's got brain freeze or a migraine.

No4 is okay but the 'chin on fist' doesn't work for me and there's too much of the same (grey) tone throughout the shot, making it a bit flat.

I like No5 for the perception on shallow DoF, exaggerated by the bokeh from the lights in the background. The processing isn't quite my cup of tea but it's a nice shot nonetheless and of the six shots displayed, is the one that stands out the most. Doesn't need the praying hands though....

Not a fan of the last shot - the lighting is a bit heavy-handed and doesn't work with the processing. I also don't like that layout... looks a bit naff IMO.

To be fair, they're not bad efforts at all. I think it's getting the facial expression right and to be honest, not all faces are interesting..... this guy doesn't pull off moody or contemplative very well.

1st of all thank you for your detailed feedback, I find replies like this extremely helpful. The last two pics I wanted to try something abit more dramatic. After seeing the others it makes it harder for the last one to be urban or believe that he could be urban.

The model hates having his picture taken and when I showed him these he was very shocked with the results in a positive way.

I'm not sure if your last line comes across as it's not my poor photography skills that you don't like but my subject not being pleasing enough for you. I don't think I'll be mentioning that last line to him.

Thanks again for the fb

I like No6 , I think this would work with a teenage male model, with a more urban feel to it, if you get what I mean?

Matt

I think the look can be pulled of by young and old, I'm older than the model and I've done some urban shots which have got some positive fb.

Thanks for your input matt. (y)

Back