Does anyone use Eco flow River 2 portable batteries?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I’d ask for opinions on the Eco Flow River 2 battery packs. I would like some real world opinions as there’s no point with YouTube as everyone on there is getting paid or gets one free in return for a review. I’ve read through reviews and specs of several batteries. The new eco flow versions stand out as good battery technology and longer life expectancy.

I’ve been thinking of getting one for a while and we’re off in a hire campervan for a week next month so it’s a good time to pick one up. Most use will be to charge laptop, phones cameras, drone etc but I’d like to power a milk frother to make coffee and hot chocolate whilst out and about. I’m thinking of the River 2 max or River 2 Pro models as they power 500W devices. Delta 2 would be nice but maybe a bit too big and I like that all the ports (except the charging ports) are on the front panel of the River 2’s. The AC sockets are hidden around the back of the delta 2.

Last edited:
Rob is it worth finding out what the leisure battery is capable of in said hired van? I'm just wondering if the purchase is necessary unless you have other uses.

Mate I'm not sure if it's ok to recommend another forum,so will shoot you a PM

Rob is it worth finding out what the leisure battery is capable of in said hired van? I'm just wondering if the purchase is necessary unless you have other uses.

Mate I'm not sure if it's ok to recommend another forum,so will shoot you a PM
Ive been thinking of one for a while so it’s not just being bought for this one trip (although it makes sense to get in time if I’m going to get one). Its always useful to have some extra backup power available when out on the sticks, especially with the amount of electrical kit we carry around for photography. nothing worse than having to cut a trip short if you run out of battery.

I’ve recently had solar installed at home so would be useful to capture some of the solar for later and run things around the house in peak periods.

Rob PM sent................Damn I yearn for solar at home....

Mate in talk nature I'm slowly detailing my own van build running out of power in the stix is something I've tried very hard to build out...... I think it's def worth you investing. Buddy my van has a 230AH LiFEPO4 batt charged by solar and also a B2B and mains if needed. I guess it all got completed leccy wise and started working early autumn.

Rob the thing astounds me..it charges camera batteires camera lights, batts power tool batts head torch phones I pad type thing,also have inverter so can plug in smaller household devices up to 1200W........... off a tiny 160W panel

I don't really need a portable power pack Rob because it's built into van so have little knowledge........but I've a fair idea of just how much use it can and will be to you becuase of my journey these last months years......I don't think a day goes by where we don''t plug something into the van to charge..........

Been using a Delta myself in my camper for about a year now - it definitely has more than enough power for most things.
I do also have leisure batteries and inverter - so this is a back-up and good for charging the smaller things while using the inverter for TV/laptop..
Don’t personally think the Delta is too big - and the USB sockets on one side and plugs on the other .. handy enough to use both at the same time, in my opinion.

For me the Delta fits nicely under the table in the camper and is actually a nice ’footrest’ while working on a laptop on the table.. talk about dual purpose use ;-)
So wouldn’t worry too much about the size of the bigger Delta model.

Wife has also used it for making morning coffee and hairdryer .. and it lasts for ages.
Gonna get the solar panels from EcoFlow this summer - just as an added extra to charge it in the woods.

Seen the River models being advertised a lot for photographers for charging batteries/laptops… but no personal experience of those.

Guess it boils down to space/power requirements what‘s the best for you..

@rob-nikon - I don`t have one but I`ll watch this thread with interest , I`ve been looking at lots of reviews on Battery packs for similar reasons as yourself and have been planning to pull the trigger on a Bluetti EB-70 , there has been nothing but good reviews on this and it can be purchased here in the UK for around £650 OR it comes as a ""Package"" with a 200watt Solar panel that charges it to full capacity ""Allegedly"" in around 3/4 hours depending on how much sunshine, Price for the pckage with Solar panel is I believe £1,120 ... This is the option I`d prefer as it would mean you`d be able to stay off road for longer periods of time ..

It really can be a minefield out there with Bluetti ,Jackery, Eco Flow and Anker to name but a few - everyone and his dog seems to be doing reviews on Portable Power Stations at the minute it really is the "In thing" right now .. Obviously there are pros and cons to all of the Portable Power batteries but the Bluetti -EB70 ticked all the boxes for me in terms of what items I`d be charging YMMV ...

This guy seemed to be the most honest of all the reviews I looked at >>> Bluetti EB-70 <<<

I have absolutely no affiliation to this product whatsoever I am simply throwing another spanner in the works to confuse you even more :runaway:

Coho - Blue

Just to make everyone else aware, the link given by Stuart in the PM highlighted eco flow give you points for money off by registering your email and creating a profile (all info you’d need to give to register the warranty). Thats £50 and 25 off vouchers for practically nothing. only one voucher can be used at once and there are minimum spend limits. you can use the £50 voucher for items over £500 so either the river 2 max/pro or delta 2.

You get another 1000 points for registering the warranty after purchase, plus the river 2 pro has double points at present until 20th Feb (£675 after initial points discount so an additional 1350 points). So that an extra £130 of vouchers for other items later.

I just need to decide on whether to go river 2 max, river 2 pro or delta 2. The River 2 pro seems to be a good halfway house over the other two, especially if I’m only ever going to get one of them. 700Wh seems to be a good size for photography backup power on the move.

Last edited:
I have river pro in work and use it to run a laptop and FLIR camera (camera needs mains feed to run). Have had it about 6 months and so far, it was worked exactly as described and been very reliable. The unit is well built and appears pretty robust, so far I am very happy.

I use a Bluetti EB240 which I purchased with a view to better understanding what was possible using solar power, how much I could reasonably harvest throughout the year and as an insurance policy for any power cuts. This is a 2400w unit with a 1000w inverter and scarcely portable compared to the smaller units, but has taught me a great deal in the meanwhile. I also bought 8x175w panels and 3x 100w portable panels by Renogy. May I suggest the following factors when comparing different makes and sizes of solar generators:

1. Battery technology. Different manufacturers use different battery types, some only allow circa 300-500 recharges of full to empty before the capacity degrades to 80%, many Jackorys fall into this category. Other battery types permit 2000-3000 recharges before they degrade to 80%. The actual usable amount of battery power will never reach the stated capacity, typically allowing about 80% as the battery management system protects against over discharge.

2. Pure sine wave inverter. Some seem to be over or under sized for the size of the battery, a really powerful inverter used at capacity will drain a small battery very quickly. The bigger the inverter, the higher the standby drain on the battery when AC is turned on. Some inverters are more pure than others, my Surface Pro Laptop touch screen function is impaired when connected to my Bluetti, other laptops seem fine. End users need to consider very carefully how much power is needed both now and in the future to meet their needs. If it's for a motorhome, might a diesel heater be fitted, an induction hob or compressor fridge?

3. Charge times. Some of the smaller units have a really slow charge capacity, both for mains or solar charging. Others are much better in this respect and some allow dual charging. Some allow charging from a car 12v socket, but it takes forever. All units will have a maximum charge rate on mains or solar, some can be very limited at around the 200w mark or less. Manufactures often supply the smallest power brick they can get away with, my Bluetti mains charger supplies just 160w even though the unit can accept much more.

4. Input voltages. The lower limit is important for car charging. If the unit accepts from 12v, it will be able to be charged from the car socket (actually about 14.4v), usually a lead is supplied in this case. For solar charging the upper limit is important, because it will dictate how many panels can be connected in series. A lot of the units have a 10 amp charge limit. 10 amps at 12v is a charge of 120w, 10 amps at 60v is 600w. My Bluetti has an actual range of 16-66 volts so I can charge it on solar with each bank of panels in series of 3, to the design limit of 500w. Some units have a range of 12-30 volts only, meaning any panels cannot be connected in series to lower the amps. There are work-arounds for car charging with voltage step up boards.

5. MPPT solar array size limits. This can be quite restrictive, I've seen figures as low as 100w. I always want to harvest as much sun as possible so this figure is important for me. Arrays can be oversized in terms of wattage, the MPPT charge controller discards the excess on bright days, the extra panels ensure more production on sub-optimal days. The MPPT will trip out if the voltage is over the unit voltage range.

6. Bundled solar panel kits. All the manufacturers offer branded folding solar panels that have differing levels of water resistance and durability. They all have one thing in common in my view, they are grossly overpriced. A rigid 100w panel is roughly £100 at the moment, the folding rigid panels are about £160 and the flexi panels about £150. Ecoworthy currently do a very reasonable 130w flexi panel at £130 but I have no experience of it. It might be necessary to buy or make an adapter lead. But to put those prices into clear perspective, a Jintek 420W panel designed for domestic roofs can be found for as little as £150.

I hope this is useful to somebody, it has been a steep learning curve for me but has proved the a full size system for my house is a viable prospect and I will continue to use my Bluetti in my motorhome and to use as an off grid studio power supply.

Last edited:
@rob-nikon - I don`t have one but I`ll watch this thread with interest , I`ve been looking at lots of reviews on Battery packs for similar reasons as yourself and have been planning to pull the trigger on a Bluetti EB-70 , there has been nothing but good reviews on this and it can be purchased here in the UK for around £650 OR it comes as a ""Package"" with a 200watt Solar panel that charges it to full capacity ""Allegedly"" in around 3/4 hours depending on how much sunshine, Price for the pckage with Solar panel is I believe £1,120 ... This is the option I`d prefer as it would mean you`d be able to stay off road for longer periods of time ..

It really can be a minefield out there with Bluetti ,Jackery, Eco Flow and Anker to name but a few - everyone and his dog seems to be doing reviews on Portable Power Stations at the minute it really is the "In thing" right now .. Obviously there are pros and cons to all of the Portable Power batteries but the Bluetti -EB70 ticked all the boxes for me in terms of what items I`d be charging YMMV ...

This guy seemed to be the most honest of all the reviews I looked at >>> Bluetti EB-70 <<<

I have absolutely no affiliation to this product whatsoever I am simply throwing another spanner in the works to confuse you even more :runaway:

Coho - Blue
The Bluetti EB70 looks quite similar to the Ecoflow Pro. They have similar sized batteries of the same tech LiFePO4 both with long life cycles to 80% (Bluetto 2500+, ecoflow 3000+) compared to the jackery500 which does only 500 cycles to 80%. weight is roughly the same. Power output is higher on the bluetti at 1000W but th3 ecoflow river 2 pro does 800w normal but up to 1600w peak. The 5 year warranty of the ecoflow river 2 pro entices me out of the two of them and is probably worth the extra £50 after the discount voucher is applied.

edit: ive just noticed another benefit. The Ecoflow river 2’s have a kettle style plug as 230v AC goes straight in the power unit, whilst the bluetti has an external power brick (similar to laptops) to convert AC to DC outside of the power unit. Not a huge difference but saves carrying a large power brick & plug around.

Last edited:
I use a Bluetti EB240 which I purchased with a view to better understanding what was possible using solar power, how much I could reasonably harvest throughout the year and as an insurance policy for any power cuts. This is a 2400w unit with a 1000w inverter and scarcely portable compared to the smaller units, but has taught me a great deal in the meanwhile. I also bought 8x175w panels and 3x 100w portable panels by Renogy. May I suggest the following factors when comparing different makes and sizes of solar generators:

1. Battery technology. Different manufacturers use different battery types, some only allow circa 300-500 recharges of full to empty before the capacity degrades to 80%, many Jackorys fall into this category. Other battery types permit 2000-3000 recharges before they degrade to 80%. The actual usable amount of battery power will never reach the stated capacity, typically allowing about 80% as the battery management system protects against over discharge.

2. Pure sine wave inverter. Some seem to be over or under sized for the size of the battery, a really powerful inverter used at capacity will drain a small battery very quickly. The bigger the inverter, the higher the standby drain on the battery when AC is turned on. Some inverters are more pure than others, my Surface Pro Laptop touch screen function is impaired when connected to my Bluetti, other laptops seem fine. End users need to consider very carefully how much power is needed both now and in the future to meet their needs. If it's for a motorhome, might a diesel heater be fitted, an induction hob or compressor fridge?

3. Charge times. Some of the smaller units have a really slow charge capacity, both for mains or solar charging. Others are much better in this respect and some allow dual charging. Some allow charging from a car 12v socket, but it takes forever. All units will have a maximum charge rate on mains or solar, some can be very limited at around the 200w mark or less. Manufactures often supply the smallest power brick they can get away with, my Bluetti mains charger supplies just 160w even though the unit can accept much more.

4. Input voltages. The lower limit is important for car charging. If the unit accepts from 12v, it will be able to be charged from the car socket (actually about 14.4v), usually a lead is supplied in this case. For solar charging the upper limit is important, because it will dictate how many panels can be connected in series. A lot of the units have a 10 amp charge limit. 10 amps at 12v is a charge of 120w, 10 amps at 60v is 600w. My Bluetti has an actual range of 16-66 volts so I can charge it on solar with each bank of panels in series of 3, to the design limit of 500w. Some units have a range of 12-30 volts only, meaning any panels cannot be connected in series to lower the amps. There are work-arounds for car charging with voltage step up boards.

5. MPPT solar array size limits. This can be quite restrictive, I've seen figures as low as 100w. I always want to harvest as much sun as possible so this figure is important for me. Arrays can be oversized in terms of wattage, the MPPT charge controller discards the excess on bright days, the extra panels ensure more production on sub-optimal days. The MPPT will trip out if the voltage is over the unit voltage range.

6. Bundled solar panel kits. All the manufacturers offer branded folding solar panels that have differing levels of water resistance and durability. They all have one thing in common in my view, they are grossly overpriced. A rigid 100w panel is roughly £100 at the moment, the folding rigid panels are about £160 and the flexi panels about £150. Ecoworthy currently do a very reasonable 130w flexi panel at £130 but I have no experience of it. It might be necessary to buy or make an adapter lead. But to put those prices into clear perspective, a Jintek 420W panel designed for domestic roofs can be found for as little as £150.

I hope this is useful to somebody, it has been a steep learning curve for me but has proved the a full size system for my house is a viable prospect and I will continue to use my Bluetti in my motorhome and to use as an off grid studio power supply.
Great bit of info. The change to LiFePO4 battery technology is a huge step forward in regards to battery life. 500 cycles was far too short for me to make the older Ecoflow and Jackery units worth buying. 3000 cycles to 80% is much more like it. That’s one cycle every day for 8.25 years!

Having recently installed solar to our house I’ve really got into researching solar and home storage. Ive found it’s absolutely a minefield on all the different possible setups, technology and manufacturers. One thing I’ve noticed is that it gets very addictive watching its performance and spotting ’good solar days’ and trying to guess output every evening.

Last edited:
Well Ive stopped procrastinating and ordered the Ecoflow River 2 pro. I will report back how I find it after a few months use.

I was going to order the slightly smaller River 2 max but the wife said you know you’ll wished you had ordered the next size up (I think she’s hoping to make use of hair straighteners/hair dryer) so I’ve gone with the Pro. Let’s hope I don‘t wish afterwards that I should have gone with the delta 2! I will wait until it comes before I tell her a hair dryer may be a bit too powerful to use :oops: :$

Last edited:
@rob-nikon - Just had a quick look at the Ecoflow River 2 Pro online , look forward to an update on this unit Rob once you`ve put it through its paces . I`d be grateful if you would report back with your findings ...

Coho - Blue

@rob-nikon - Just had a quick look at the Ecoflow River 2 Pro online , look forward to an update on this unit Rob once you`ve put it through its paces . I`d be grateful if you would report back with your findings ...

Coho - Blue
I will try to but I’m not sure if my thoughts on it will be that useful as I’ve no experience of other power batteries. It will be quite limited, although I’m sure I will try to see what I can power around the house with it before taking it away with us.

I’m impressed with Ecoflow’s service so far. I placed the order late on Saturday night, it was processed and despatched on Monday and delivered before midday on Tuesday. That’s pretty going.

It came with 25% charge. I’ve already ran the hot chocolate maker off it (450W) and it worked perfectly (the wife will be happy she can have hot chocolate whilst in the hire campervan. Im just charging it now off our surplus roof solar. It’s helpful you can set the charge power as solar isn’t producing much today. Currently charging at 300W and the fan is intermittently going on and off. The fan noise level reminds me of a IT server. It’s not too loud (25dB nearby) but audible in a quiet room.

Last edited:
I have just ordered the Delta 2 and 220w foldable panel then I can move it around the garden but I may put other fixed panels on the roof as that would give a nice option for when the sun goes round, I can run the cables into the garage, i went for the delta for the extra power .
Rob.

I have just ordered the Delta 2 and 220w foldable panel then I can move it around the garden but I may put other fixed panels on the roof as that would give a nice option for when the sun goes round, I can run the cables into the garage, i went for the delta for the extra power .
Rob.
I do wonder if I would have been better with the delta 2 or the smaller river 2 max. The extra power of the delta 2 would have been nice to run more power hungry appliances but not really necessary for what I initially planned to use it for. The river 2 pro runs what I wanted it to and has a little extra capacity over the max. That will be useful when charging from the car as that’s theoretically a maximum of 96W charging output at 8A on a 12V supply. That’s quite a long time to recharge via 12V.

If I was using the power station to run everything on a campervan I’d probably want at least a 2kWh capacity, maybe more. I doubt I’ve ever going to be in one place long enough to use a portable solar panel.

That will be useful when charging from the car as that’s theoretically a maximum of 96W charging output at 8A on a 12V supply. That’s quite a long time to recharge via 12V.
There are 2 ways to improve the car charge rate. The first way is to plug an inverter in the the cigarette lighter and then use the mains charger. My Bluetti charger draws 200w and this works on my EB240 which cannot normally be car charged. The River Pro 2 charger will be too powerful and trip the inverter unless the charge rate can be adjusted down, but others solar generators should be fine. This Youtube video demonstrates how this can be done and I bought the actual inverter he demonstrated via Amazon UK (Bestek 300w pure sine wave inverter).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MnbfC88TBE
The second way is to use a variable voltage step up board, also from Amazon UK. I have set up my boards to convert 12v to 48v (50 v max on the Ecoflow), each board accepts up to 8 amps. One board could be connected to the cigarette lighter socket and the other end connects to the 7909 jack plug in my case to give 380w, which is much better than my mains charger. Two boards can be wired in parallel but this exceeds the cigarette lighter limit. Both arrangements involve losses to invert or step up but for me it's worth it to keep the unit topped up.

To be honest I 'm getting it just as an emergency back up although i will use it for things around the house but only with it charged by the sun -a bit of fun really :)
I bought a 5kw Chinese diesel heater a couple of months ago to heat my office again a fun thing to play with it works really well .
I put it on 10 minutes before i go in and it brings the temp up to 70f then i turn it off .

It is very noisy to sit there with it on, the constant click of the pump just can't be silenced no matter how you mount it or cover it with blankets it's relentless I shall extend the fuel pipe and mount the pump in the garage .
Rob.

Somewhat linked to this is my recent search for a solar setup to keep my motorbike battery charged in the shed. I don't want to run cabling from the house so this looks like a good and importantly inexpensive option. I would love to have set up an inverter and battery and the like but it simply costs too much and I'm not sure how much I would need it.

We have a south facing shed roof so that should help all year.

My first thoughts on the River 2 Pro:

After nearly a week of using it around the house to get used to it my first thoughts are it’s a great bit of kit and will be useful to be able to take to take power anywhere.

What I like:

1/ The ability to alter the charge rate.

This is very important to me as I’ve got solar on the roof. Some day we can be generating up to 3kWh at any time, on a cloudy day it could be 300-500W. The ability to alter the charge rate to surplus solar power means I can only use surplus solar to charge it.

A lower charge rate should also help battery life as rapid charging of batteries increases deterioration of batteries. It’s good to have rapid charging for the times it’s needed.

2/ All front facing output ports and rear facing charging ports.

It’s a neat and tidy solution having everything in one place. It just makes sense to me. I can always have the power station facing outwards and get access to everything.

3/ no need for AC power transformer accessories- cables only.

One benefit I’ve noticed due to USB-A and USB-C ports is that won’t need to take the AC power plugs with me. I won’t necessarily need to take the AC power plugs for my phone, tablet or laptop as I can use the USB ports to power those devices.

4/ charging cable doesn’t have an external power transformer brick - it’s just a 230V ‘kettle’ plug.

This is great to ease charging. It’s just neat and simple.

4B3E9314-13C6-4693-BC7D-E07318297A5B.jpeg

A neat little touch is the cable tie wraps on the AC charging lead and the DC cigarette charging lead. I like little touches like this that keep cable nest and tidy when not in use.

DED9EDA4-854D-4F58-B3D5-29AD40DCD78D.jpeg

5/ control and visibility via the app.

The app is really good. It can be charging or operating in another room and I can be keeping an eye on it via the app.

6/ flat top with slightly raised edges.

The flat top is a great place to put your phone or tablet on whilst it’s charging via the power station. The top of the River 2 Pro is a near perfect fit for my 9.7 inch iPad.

7/ LiFePO4 battery - increased life expectancy.

The LFP battery technology increases life cycles to over 3000 to 80% capacity. That’s impressive long life and much better than older power stations that had around 500 lifecycles. This a big reason why I’ve finally bought a power station.

Downsides:

1/ There is a cooling fan that runs intermittently during use and charging.

The cooling fan runs intermittently. Ive tested the noise level via an app on my phone. Its 28dB within a couple of cm from the fan vent and around 20dB at head level when standing about a foot away.

I don’t find it that bad, others may though. The fan is doing an important job to maintain the battery life so i don’t mind it. I’ve ran the TV off the river 2 pro whilst the fan has kicked it. It’s not loud enough that I couldn’t hear the TV sound but it’s audible none the less.

2/ the AC charging cable has a straight plug.

This is only a small niggle. The AC charging cable is a standard ‘kettle plug’ and sticks out slightly beyond the handle meaning it can’t be pushed back against a wall whilst the AC charging plug is connected as it would strain the cable.

The DC cigarette charging cable plug is smaller so it doesn’t stick out as far and the cable could downwards without being strained.

In both cases it would be nice if the plug connectors were L shaped so the cables pointed downwards and where protected by the overhanging handle.

3/ there is no wireless charge pad on the flat top of the unit.

Some may see this as a downside but I can understand why there isn’t one. Wireless charging isn’t an efficient way to charge a phone. It takes longer and uses more power to charge wirelessly than via a cable. If you’re charging via a power station with a finite power capacity why would you want to waste some of that power just for a slight convenience of not plugging in?

Charging:

AC charging is very easy and adaptable charge rates are great.

I haven’t yet tried in car charging and I don’t have portable solar panels so can’t try them.

To be honest portable solar wouldn’t be right for me as they would take far too long to charge and I likely won’t be in one place long enough. I will likely be using the in car cigarette charger as my main means of charging whilst in the campervan as I probably won’t have access to AC charging power that often, unless at a camp site. The river 2 pro isn’t something I’d charge in a coffee shop as firstly it’s too big, secondly it’s too noisy with the fan running when charging and thirdly charging something of this capacity off someone else’s power you’re not paying for is taking the mickey when energy costs are so high for businesses. Hopefully in vehicle charging will be sufficient for me.

Would I but the River 2 pro again?

I’d definitely buy the River 2 series or Delta 2 series if I didn’t have one now. Whether I’ve bought the right one for my needs I’m not 100% sure as I seem to be changing them from my initial reasons to purchase one. It works perfectly for my outdoor/photography needs as it powers all my photography equipment fine. It powers a milk frother to make hot chocolate/latte whilst out which is something I’d like it to do. It should also power a 600W kettle and a 800W induction plate too if I bought them too. Whether it’s got the storage capacity is another thing to consider but for my initial photography considerations it works fine.

I’ve tried powering our 900W microwave but the microwave made a strange zapping noise whilst trying to run it so I quickly turned it off. My initial idea wasn’t to power stuff around the house, but a potential electricity tariff change means it would be good to power stuff between 1600 and 1900 as we will be power to a solar tariff which is better for us but has a 49p per kWh unit rate during those times. If I’m honest a power station isn’t the right solution for that (home solar dtorage battery would be the right solution) so it’s a bit harsh to judge it on something it wasn’t intended to do in the first place.

If I wanted this as a power station to power everything in a campervan I’d probably wait until the higher capacity delta 2 series are out. Otherwise the River 2 series seem like a good bet for most people.

All in all I’m happy with the purchase and look forward to having power available when out and about in the future.

Quick update I've tried DC charging via the car cigarette lighter. It charged at 105W on a 120W (10A car cigarette port in my Toyota Prius. It charged 30% (70% to 99%) in around 2hrs 15mins so roughly 10% every 45mins. What I liked was the River 2 pro would start and stop charging automatically every time the car was turned on and off without any manual intervention from me. That made charging on a journey with multiple stops much easier as it was a case of connect it and leave it to it.. The fan did start up a couple of times (I'd say less than AC charging), but I didn't find it too intrusive with the car radio on.

In all I'm impressed with the River 2 Pro. I'm finding that I'm using it more around the home than I thought I would. Its useful to charge off my home solar during the day and use the power to run the TV and other lower power stuff in the evening. It will be great to give it a proper test in the hired camper van in a few weeks for what it was purchased for.

I thought I’d update this thread now I’ve had a few trips away with the Ecoflow River 2 Pro. It’s been a great little portable power pack for use in a campervan we’ve rented twice this year. It met all our power needs when in the campervan. It’s also been useful to get power to places where sockets aren’t close by in the home or we’d need to trail cables across the room (not something you want to do with a 18 month old energetic dog running around).

If I was buying again I’d probably go for the larger Delta 2 for the extra power. That would be helpful to run my wife’s hair dryer at some campsites/in a campervan.

It will be useful when renting a campervan or around the home/garden but I don’t use it in the car when on photography trips. That’s only because I’ve changed the car to an EV with built in vehicle to load (230V 16A socket in the rear is quite useful for photography). The car is now just a bigger version of the Ecoflow units but with wheels!

If you want power on the go the Ecoflow units are a good solution.

Reactions: zx9
Back