Does anyone use Smugmug?

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,
I came across this website called Smugmug. I wanted to hear your opinions on whether I should use this website or use a different one? Thanks.

Smugmug and Zenfolio are oft discussed options if you don’t want to build your own site.
There have been many discussions on here in recent times.
There are other options that might suit you better.
Try doing a forum search and see what comes up. Threads are usually posted in the Computers/Websites section.

Last edited:
I have the basic smugmug account with added Raw file storage. It is for me a cloud storage site which allows you to publicly show galleries. It also allows you to sell your work as prints etc. I think this is turned off on my site. Never used the printing service but postage is very expensive I noticed. I have several galleries and folders stored on the site but only keep a couple for public viewing. On the basic account I have there is no About Me and other typical site pages. Like anything the more you pay the more you get but the basic suits my needs. https://nigelpaulshoots4fun.smugmug.com/

I have been with SM for 10+ years, kept the layout simple and basic as a lot of the guys that use it for purchasing photo's are not very computer savvy. I tried a couple of other options inc zenfolio but for me SM just works, and if you do need to contact the helpdesk for anything they get back to you in record time and don't talk to you like an idiot.

Smugmug and Zenfolio are oft discussed options if you don’t want to build your own site.
There have been many discussions on here in recent times.
There are other options that might suit you better.
Try doing a forum search and see what comes up. Threads are usually posted in the Computers/Websites section.
Thank you for letting me know. I'll check it out. Do you use Flickr?

Last edited:
I have the basic smugmug account with added Raw file storage. It is for me a cloud storage site which allows you to publicly show galleries. It also allows you to sell your work as prints etc. I think this is turned off on my site. Never used the printing service but postage is very expensive I noticed. I have several galleries and folders stored on the site but only keep a couple for public viewing. On the basic account I have there is no About Me and other typical site pages. Like anything the more you pay the more you get but the basic suits my needs. https://nigelpaulshoots4fun.smugmug.com/
Thank you for the reply; I like your portfolio and the website's 14-day trial. It seems like it will be easy to navigate than the popular websites.

I have been with SM for 10+ years, kept the layout simple and basic as a lot of the guys that use it for purchasing photo's are not very computer savvy. I tried a couple of other options inc zenfolio but for me SM just works, and if you do need to contact the helpdesk for anything they get back to you in record time and don't talk to you like an idiot.
Thank you for the reply; I like your portfolio, and that's a big plus that tech support is there for you. I noticed you work in Heart; do you support the football club? If you watch football.

Hi Raymond - Not heard of Heart? "I am a petrolhead at heart" ;-)

DAVID.

Back