does my portfolio look good

Name
M J Holder
Edit My Images
No
kk well here is my portfolio site its still in its early days can you just tell me if the layout and thing is ok because to add more images i will have to pay like £10 a month so i want to know if its worth me paying

so can u all just pop over to
http://milesholder.carbonmade.com/

and tell me what you think about the layout (also if you have somthing to say about the images every little helps :D)

cheers

(also if you have somthing to say about the images every little helps :D)

cheers

The English used in the 'about' section needs work.

Also you did ask for criticism so here it is - sorry ;)

Your portfolio screams to me that you are a processor and not a photographer, this is a personal style thing obviously, but I would have some shots on there that weren't so totally over processed but demonstrate your ability as a photographer rather than as a photoshop user.

Highly skilled though!

well you did ask

The English used in the 'about' section needs work.

Also you did ask for criticism so here it is - sorry ;)

Your portfolio screams to me that you are a processor and not a photographer, this is a personal style thing obviously, but I would have some shots on there that weren't so totally over processed but demonstrate your ability as a photographer rather than as a photoshop user.

Highly skilled though!

well you did ask

haha thanks its fine, yeah it is true I'm a photoshop whore i know :p thanks for the advice

it's carbonmade, it does it's job but layout wise it lacks a lot, wouldn't pay the extra myself :)

£10 per month for more images! :eek:

Get yourself a hosting account with someone like hostgator, register your own domain name for like £5 for 2 years and use a framework like wordpress and install the gallery plugins etc... much cheaper and with all control for yourself...

Like someone else said, would perhaps look better if you made the content on the main page more central vertically.

While looking through a chosen gallery, there's no easy way to get back to the home page - ok there is a little up arrow at the top corner of the page, but it's not easily noticeable. I would link the "Miles Holder Portfolo" text to the home page.

There's also no way to directly go from one gallery to another, you have to navigate back to the home page then choose your next section.

Just a few ideas :)

Moved to the correct forum :)

Back